PDA

View Full Version : phasetech v-12s vs. ascend 340s

curtis
03-22-2004, 05:03 AM
Thanks for the post!

Geez...someone else with five CMT-340's!

-curtis

Dave G
03-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Very nice review. I'm a happy owner of Ascend 340s, but if I were still in the market, this would have been a big help. It made a lot of sense to me -- but that's probably because I don't know what I'm talking about either! [:)]

How do you like your NAD 753? Any thoughts on how it works with Ascend speakers?

Dave

oontahey
03-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I love it...it sounds awesome and is easy to operate. The only thing I have to compare it to is my old sony es333, which didn't sound good with music to my ears. The Nad has no problem reproducing two channel music beautifully, as well as kicking butt on the 5.1 home theatre stuff. I also like the Neo 6 setting for TV watching, but I don't really use any of the other dsps...I just don't like the way they make music sound.

Dave G
03-23-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks, oontahey. Sounds like you have a wonderful receiver! Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but I'm interested in NAD and other receivers such as HK and Marantz that have good reputations for excellent sound quality on music. I presume you haven't had any of the hum/buzz issues some NAD owners have reported? And could I ask where you bought it (online?) and whether you were able to get it for below MSRP? Thanks.

Dave

oontahey
03-23-2004, 01:46 PM
I bought it local for msrp. I have not had any hum or buzz issues. I did have some radio bleed through my cheap sub cable, switching the polarity of the sub stopped the bleed for some reason...people say that that is not the receivers fault. With the Ascends I probably don't need as much power as the 753, probably would have been just as happy with the 743 and saved 300 dollars...but I wouldn't trade my NAD...highly recommended.

Dave G
03-23-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanks, oontahey.

Dave

JohnnyCasaba
03-24-2004, 03:27 AM
Dave G,

If you are looking to buy any NAD's, check with Saturday Audio Exchange and Yawa Online. I bought my T752 from SAE last year at a very good price.