PDA

View Full Version : Sound/acoustic Absorbers/traps recommendations

dallas
12-19-2008, 09:46 AM
I have a 2500 cubic room. Drywall, carpet. Relatively nice room, dark purple walls and white trim.

I'm looking for acoustic panels. I've done some shopping myself, but just wanted to hear if anyone had any recommendations.

My goals are good looks in the room, and reasonable prices, and of course decent sound absorbtion.

Room diagram if you care....
http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=3641&highlight=diagram

buddhadas
12-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Dallas,
I have gik acoustics in my room, reasonably priced and have helped the sound tremendously. Also, Glenn and Brian are an absolute joy to work with. If i'm not mistaken I think you can get them in virtually any color.
Hope this helps

Peace,

Jim

dallas
03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
You know, I contacted Bryan at GIK, and he suggest only bass traps, no wall panels at all, based on my room diagram above.

Does that sound right to you guys? He said because you can't treat the room symetrically, we shouldn't do it. (also diagonal reduces reflections)

(I'm not knocking the guy, I just second guess and over analyse every part of my life)

debo
03-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes he is correct and you should fill good that he just didn't want to sell you product you don't need. Your first reflection points of the front speakers are across the room.