PDA

View Full Version : I have no Sub?

qwknuf6
12-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Since I have no Sub should I run my front speakers at full range ? no crossover? I have L/R/C only at this time , all Sierra's

Thanks

Mark

Mag_Neato
12-15-2008, 07:53 AM
Without a sub, I'd run them full range. It will give you a decent amount of bass to start off with. Keep the volume at a sane level though. I ran mine w/out a sub at first and was pleasantly surprised!

drewface
12-15-2008, 07:54 AM
yes, especially the L/R channels. the center channel you could go either way. do what sounds best to you.

Gov
12-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Get a sub ASAP if you use your system for HT. You are missing a lot if not. In the meantime, I would run them "large" until then.

GirgleMirt
12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Actually it's really not that much... You already have ~40hz to 20khz, all that is missing is 20hz to ~40hz :p I run my Sierras subless too and really I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Maybe some deep bass now and then but that's not what makes a bad/good movie, or an enjoyable/unenjoyable movie for me!

Run them full range++!

Gov
12-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Actually it's really not that much... You already have ~40hz to 20khz, all that is missing is 20hz to ~40hz :p I run my Sierras subless too and really I don't feel like I'm missing anything. Maybe some deep bass now and then but that's not what makes a bad/good movie, or an enjoyable/unenjoyable movie for me!

Run them full range++!

Your are missing slam and impact on movies like, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Transformers etc etc. Bookshelves alone cannot simply move that much air therefore they are limited on their abilities. I am not slaming the Sierra's, but they have limitations :D