PDA

View Full Version : Hello--just bought Sierra L/R/C last night

cats225
12-09-2008, 05:22 AM
I haven't bought a tv stand yet, though. I will have a 46" Sony LCD and L/R speakers on the top of the cabinet, but, should I buy a cabinet with a center space large enough for the center to fit, or, get a cabinet with a raised platform for the tv? I think the center may be taller than the tv just on its' stand, though, I really don't know
Thanks for the advice.

drewface
12-09-2008, 08:46 AM
generally, the best location for a center channel speaker is as close to on-plane with your left/right speakers. this usually puts the center channel below the tv.

my 340SE center is too tall to simply sit in front of my tv on it's stand alone, so it would probably be the same case with yours. i've been trying to decide whether i want to build some sort of platform for the tv to sit on above the center speaker, or just put up some sort of shelf above the tv for the speaker to sit on... my laziness and undecisiveness has been getting the best of me for about 6 months now, leaving me without a dedicated center channel speaker. :(

cats225
12-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Bummer!!!!!! I'm trying to find a stand that would have a platform for the tv, but am not having much luck!

drewface
12-09-2008, 08:44 PM
yeh, i was in the same situation. i saw one that looked promising, but it was about 5x what i was willing to spend...

buddhadas
12-10-2008, 07:53 AM
I found a great rack at Racks and stands I think is what it is called. The brand I bought is VTI. I have the 340 se center under the tv and it sounds wonderful, and within my tight budget. I highly recommend them.

Peace,

Jim