PDA

View Full Version : REW help from a fellow mac user???

mrsollars
09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
i'm looking for someone that can walk me through or screen share with me via leopard.....how to calibrate my new setup using REW software from HomeTheaterShack.com. Just overwhelmed and looking for some experienced folks to teach the new kid.

thanks guys.

matt

ps. my setup is a
46''samsung lcd
yamaha rx-v663
xbox360 (game/dvd playback)
Sierra-1 L/R/C
SVS PB13-Ultra subwoofer

DougMac
09-11-2008, 03:36 AM
What kind of sound card do you plan to use? Did you post on the REW forum at HTS?

Doug

mrsollars
09-11-2008, 04:53 AM
i'm using the internal soundcard on the macbook if at all possible. if it's not i have a windows laptop i can borrow from a friend.

yeah, i just didn't get a lot of bites over there.....as far as people going through it with me.

great group of folks there though.

matt

DougMac
09-11-2008, 06:56 AM
i'm using the internal soundcard on the macbook if at all possible. if it's not i have a windows laptop i can borrow from a friend.

matt
I'm not sure you can use the internal soundcard. Does it have line in? You need to have line ins and line outs to properly route the signals. Do you have a RS SPL meter?

Keep in mind that the RS meter's response is not considered accurate enough to do full frequency correction. It's good for tuning the sub and find a good crossover point, anything under 200hz. For full freqency analysis, you'll need a reference mic and mixer.

Once you've done your anlalysis with REW, how do you plan to use the info you've gathered? Do you plan to use acoustic treatment of the room, move speakers around or run your LFE through the Behringer Feedback Destroyer before sending the signal to your PB-13 Ultra? I bet Sierra's with the PB-13 is a killer setup!

Doug

mrsollars
09-14-2008, 09:41 AM
sorry for the delay. I was told by JohnM (REW creator) that the macbook running leopard should not be an issue.
If i can get it working .....ever......yeah, the BFD will probably be on the short list. Eventually this setup will be moved to the basement and i'll add some 200se's for surround. We have to finish the basement first. (a year or so)

i'm just wanting somebody that knows what they're doing to screen share me or video chat and show me how to do this....once or twice...then i'll be able to take off on my own with it.

we'll see....i'm waiting for it.

matt