PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Jacksonville Florida

Longmead
09-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Dear all,

I am a displaced Brit who has been living in Maryland for the last six years and have recently moved to Jacksonville.
After much research (I am a "researcher" as my famly will attest!) I bought a pair of Sierra-1's in piano black. I am very happy to endorse the many previous comments here in the forum as to "great customer service" and "first class shipping and packaging of the delivery". Both have been exemplary and a pleasure to experience. I can also confirm that the Sierra's in the Black are gorgeous - a really beautiful level of finish.
I am listening exclusively to music in stereo only and the Sierra's are partnered with my old UK manufactured CD player and integrated amp from a manufacturer called John Shearne. I have lived with and enjoyed these components for ten years and they previously drove a pair of floorstanding EPOS Es-22's.
Initial listening has been great and I am looking forward to truly experimenting next week when my wife is back in the UK for a few days! A review may follow if you would be interested.

I have a couple of questions I would interested in getting the group's feedback on.
1) Any thoughts as to a "burn in" period and any improvements noted.
2) Any advice on stand matching an placement from the rear wall.

Thanks in advance for any reponse and I look forward to participating in the forum in the future.
Kudos to Dave and his team.

davef
09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi Longmead,

Welcome to our community and thank you for the wonderful comments!

1) Any thoughts as to a "burn in" period and any improvements noted.

Most of our customers report about 50 hours of usage...

2) Any advice on stand matching an placement from the rear wall.

I would recommend a stand height between 24 - 31". Since it appears that you are running the Sierra-1 full range, I would also recommend at least 1 foot of clearance to the rear wall.

Enjoy!!