PDA

View Full Version : Hello to everyone from Seminole, FL.

harryk
09-03-2008, 06:37 AM
Hello all forum members,

After hours upon hours of research on the web, I ordered a pair of Sierra 1’s on Monday, Aug 25th in the morning. They were shipped that afternoon and I received them on Fri in time for the long weekend. I would like to thank Dave and everyone else at Ascend Acoustics for all their help in this purchase. I am using the Sierra’s in a 2 channel setup powered by a NAD C352 IA. They replaced my Polk Audio SDA 2’s which I have enjoyed since 1986. The difference in clarity and detail is more then I ever thought possible between these 2 sets of speakers. I agree with all the reviewers that say there is really no need for a sub when using the Sierra’s in a 2 channel setup. At this time, I am still experimenting with placement in my room which is about 13’ x 17’. I will post a detailed review at a later date in the review section of this forum. Again, many thanks to Dave for his quick and informative answers to my email questions, the Ascend team for their fantastic service in packaging and fast shipping and all the members of this forum for helping me make my decision on the Sierra’s. I could not be any happier.

Harry

buddhadas
09-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Welcome Harry!

I also use the Sierras for 2 channel, and could not be happier. Welcome to the club.

Jim

harryk
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Jim,

Thanks for the welcome. Just wondering if you have your Sierra's facing straight forward or are they facing in a little toward the center listening position. I have only had them since last Friday, but so far it seems to me that when they are facing straight forward the imaging seems a little better and angled in improves the vocals slightly. Either way they sound amazing.

Harry

buddhadas
09-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Harry,

I have mine toed in just a touch. I have tried straight on as well, but prefer the slight toe in, God only knows why.

Jim

davef
09-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Hello all forum members,

After hours upon hours of research on the web, I ordered a pair of Sierra 1’s on Monday, Aug 25th in the morning. They were shipped that afternoon and I received them on Fri in time for the long weekend. I would like to thank Dave and everyone else at Ascend Acoustics for all their help in this purchase. I am using the Sierra’s in a 2 channel setup powered by a NAD C352 IA. They replaced my Polk Audio SDA 2’s which I have enjoyed since 1986. The difference in clarity and detail is more then I ever thought possible between these 2 sets of speakers. I agree with all the reviewers that say there is really no need for a sub when using the Sierra’s in a 2 channel setup. At this time, I am still experimenting with placement in my room which is about 13’ x 17’. I will post a detailed review at a later date in the review section of this forum. Again, many thanks to Dave for his quick and informative answers to my email questions, the Ascend team for their fantastic service in packaging and fast shipping and all the members of this forum for helping me make my decision on the Sierra’s. I could not be any happier.

Harry

Hi Harry,

So pleased that you are enjoying the Sierra-1 :D