PDA

View Full Version : Hello, from Chris in Kent,WA

caveman
08-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to stop by and say 'Hi' before I post in other threads. I got into this hobby as an investment in my sanity....then it grew legs and ran off dragging me behind it.Started with Athena .5 MKII system running JBL S120 PII subwoofer with HK avr 240 reciever, and after browsing forums and doing a lot of research, I've gone to CMT 340se's LCR, CBM 170se's for rears, and HSU VTF3.3.I'm really,REALLY, happy with this setup.I'm still using the hk 240, and I still love it.My upgraditis has subsided considerably since I bought the Ascends and HSU (although I wonder if it ever really goes away).I'm pretty new to audio so I look foward to hearing from others about well.....lots of things, but I'll try to post in the appropriate forums. -Chris-

chas
08-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Your story sounds very familiar to mine Chris...sounds like you have a nice system going there!

caveman
08-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for rolling out the welcome mat chas.I really appreciate the value these speakers represnt, I could live with them for quite a while.....although I would love to get Sierra's when I can.

davef
08-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi Caveman,

Welcome to the community!

I posted a nice warm welcome to you yesterday but my post is now gone :mad:

Don't know what happened but wishing you a warm welcome once gain :o

caveman
08-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks Dave,
No worries, I appreciate the welcome, and look forward to spending my time 'in the community'!