PDA

View Full Version : New Ascend/Hsu review in DVD Etc.

Sigma B
03-10-2004, 03:06 PM
dvd etc, hdtv etc, and widescreen review are my favorite magazines..... occasionaly the perfect vision....

i looked at the dvd etc this evening at barnes and nobles, but i must have missed that - going back tomorrow!

curtis
03-10-2004, 03:15 PM
It is on page 100.

-curtis

Quinn
03-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Dang! I thunmbed thru it yesterday at the grocery store and missed it.

curtis
03-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Maybe I caught it because I look at pictures.....

-curtis

sssand2
03-11-2004, 06:43 AM
I just read the article a few minutes ago. The author was fairly complementary to the package, but he didn't get into much detail. The article didn't really read like a review of the package. More like "... here is a 5.1 setup I like ..." with some adjectives thrown in. It is nice to see the Ascends getting more national exposure.

curtis
03-11-2004, 07:20 AM
I agree...it was not a detailed article, but when he throws out this line:
"In my opinion, the Ascend-Hsu combo is simply the best multi-channel speaker package under $1,300".

IMO, that says a lot to what he thought of the package. Also, I did not catch any hint of "between the lines" negative comments either.

I will bring the article into work tomorrow. Not sure if I can scan it and then post it, but I can fax it to some of you, especially if you do not mind faxing to others.

-curtis

Lou-the-dog
03-11-2004, 08:05 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Maybe I caught it because I look at pictures.....

-curtis
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think Curtis has been conditioned from paging thru too many male oriented magazines. [:p]

Derek
03-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Curtis,

Could you scan it and email it around?

Derek

Quinn
03-11-2004, 10:01 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Derek

Curtis,

Derek

Can't spare $5?

curtis
03-11-2004, 10:08 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Quinn

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Derek

Curtis,

Derek

Can't spare $5?

LOL!! Cut the guy a break...he is VERY busy and probably can't get to the store. [:D]

I'll see what I can do....not sure I will be able to scan it.

-curtis

Quinn
03-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Now that I have it. Derek is right save the $5.

Derek
03-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I'll admit I'm pretty cheap, but I have never actually seen this mag in bookstores around me. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.

Thanks for the heads up, though quinn! [:D]

Derek

Sigma B
03-11-2004, 11:24 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Quinn

Now that I have it. Derek is right save the $5.

are you saying that purchasing the mag wasn't worth the read....?

Quinn
03-11-2004, 11:38 PM
Curtis has posted all the good stuff already. The mag doesn't do any thing for me. Although I only skimmed for about ten minutes. I'll read some more and give it another chance.

curtis
03-12-2004, 02:02 AM
OK...I scanned the article in and saved it as a PDF.

You can read it here:

http://www.thechangs.us/Ascend-DVDEtc.pdf

Send me an email if you would like a copy.

-curtis

Derek
03-12-2004, 02:20 AM
Thanks a lot curtis. Certainly not worth the $5.

Derek

curtis
03-12-2004, 02:23 AM
Well....certainly not for the single article, but for the whole mag it is not that bad.

-curtis

Mag_Neato
03-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Thanks for PDF Curtis! I don't recall seeing this magazine at the stores.......maybe I just didn't notice. Makes me want to audition a STF-2 even more now![:D]

MAG