PDA

View Full Version : HTM-200SE and mounts

joe741
07-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I just received my front three HTM-200SE speakers and decided to use my Sanus HF1b mounts. These mounts are rated to hold 10 lbs. but the bracket that fits the inserts on the back of the speakers keeps the center of gravity in front of the pole but the oval base seems to keep them from tipping. Any thoughts? Bad setup? BTW, the mounts are fully collapsed (31").

http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/ProductDetails/line/speakerFoundations/pcat/hover/modelCode/HF1/layout/layout/

Second:

I also use these same stands for my current surrounds (1.6 lb. sats) but their height is adjusted to 45". I can't wall mount and really like these stands but I'm nervous about purchasing another pair of HTM-200 speakers to use on these stands (at 45"). Anybody think it would or wouldn't work?

davef
07-15-2008, 09:31 PM
I just received my front three HTM-200SE speakers and decided to use my Sanus HF1b mounts. These mounts are rated to hold 10 lbs. but the bracket that fits the inserts on the back of the speakers keeps the center of gravity in front of the pole but the oval base seems to keep them from tipping. Any thoughts? Bad setup? BTW, the mounts are fully collapsed (31").

http://www.sanus.com/us/en/products/ProductDetails/line/speakerFoundations/pcat/hover/modelCode/HF1/layout/layout/

Second:

I also use these same stands for my current surrounds (1.6 lb. sats) but their height is adjusted to 45". I can't wall mount and really like these stands but I'm nervous about purchasing another pair of HTM-200 speakers to use on these stands (at 45"). Anybody think it would or wouldn't work?

Hi Joe741,

Regrettably, I have no experience with these stands so I really can't comment either way. Have you tried contacting Sanus to get there opinion?

Since you are already using the stands with a pair of 200 SE, why not raise the height of these stands to 45" to determine stability?

If you have young kids or pets running around, it might be risky. I would recommend wall mounting to get the height you need.