PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone wall mounted their Sierras?

ccotenj
07-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Given that Dave is running a real nice sale on these right now, and I have a few extra dollars burning a hole in my pocket right now... :)

I currently have Sierras across the front (on Jason's stands). I'm using HTM200's as my surrounds, wall mounted. Not that I "need" to upgrade these (since they are satisfactory), but I'd "like" to. However, stands for the surrounds cause a bit of a placement issue for me, and I'd like to know if anyone has successfully wall mounted their Sierras.

Thanks in advance.

davef
07-07-2008, 12:51 AM
I currently have Sierras across the front (on Jason's stands). I'm using HTM200's as my surrounds, wall mounted. Not that I "need" to upgrade these (since they are satisfactory), but I'd "like" to. However, stands for the surrounds cause a bit of a placement issue for me, and I'd like to know if anyone has successfully wall mounted their Sierras.

Thanks in advance.

We have many customers wall mounting the Sierra-1. Here is a link to the recommended mounts: http://www.btech-usa.com/bt77.html

get_zwole
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
to give you an idea i mounted my 340's on my wall heres a quick pic.
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/gbart1985/P1010077.jpg
using the same mounts dave just recommended works great.

ccotenj
08-14-2008, 01:47 PM
a follow up...

i finally got off my behind and emailed dave about the returned natural sierra's... he had a pair, and i took them...

they arrived today... and when i took them out of the box, they looked exactly like my a-stock speakers did when they came out of the box... iow, perfect... dave is to be commended once again for the way he treats his customers, and charges a more than fair (almost unfair to HIM) price... especially after i nagged him about being on vacation since he had the outright audacity not to answer my email within 12 hours... :p

now to wait for the mounts to get here (i forgot to order them :rolleyes: ), and then the Sierra Surround System will be in place and ready to go...

<hint>
now all i need is a pair of natural bamboo subs... even if it's just veneer...
</hint>

get_zwole
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
lol at the hint hint's congrats on the setup man im sure they will sound amazing as well. Post some pics if you get a chance once you get them bad boy's mounted :cool:.

CL601driver
09-04-2008, 05:36 PM
After much research, I have found the Allen Products MM-010 speaker mounts to be the most well engineered, sturdy, and well constructed mounts for my rear surround Sierra-1's. Some key features:

Rated for 25 lbs, with an ultimate strength of 250 lbs.
Fully adjustable pan and tilt, infinite aiming and locking angles
No memory or drift once locked
Easy install
Powder coated steel construction
Utilizes 1/4 by 20 insert
Made in USA
Available locally direct from manufacturer (Signal Hill, CA)

datasheet:
http://allenproducts.com/pdf/MM-010.pdf

Hope this helps.

DaveHo
09-05-2008, 06:22 AM
Only one problem with that. The insert on the rear of the Sierras is not meant to be used for wall mounting, it is used to secure them to the TP-24 stands. Personally, I think the BTech mount is much better looking as well.

-Dave

CL601driver
09-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Anyone have any experience with Vogels VLB200 mounts with Sierra-1's? I am considering them because they have a 15 degree tilt down which I need for the rear surrounds. Thanks for any input.:confused:

CL601driver
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
I ended up mounting my Sierra 1's on Vogel's VLB200 mounts. They are beautiful, smartly designed, well built, and very sturdy (advertised to support 44 lbs). Here are the pictures. They are clamping mounts, no drilling into the cabinet is required. I added a 1" high, 1/8" thick, 6" wide aluminum plate between the set screws and the back of the cabinet to prevent dimples. I used a 1/4" x 20 eye bolt with jam nut, split washer, and flat washer with a 3/8" wide black ty wrap for a safety strap. These mounts pivot left/right up to 45 degrees and tilt up/down up to 15 degress.

Hope this helps!:)