PDA

View Full Version : CBM-170s and BT34 Ceiling Mounts?

stnick80
06-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I purchased 5x CBM-170 SE and I already have some BT34 ceiling mounts. They are rated for 11 lbs. The speakers weigh about 14 lbs. I was wondering if anybody had attempted to use these mounts with these speakers? My house has a HT 5.1 prewire with the outlets in the ceiling. The BT-34 mounting plates will work great with my install. The outlet boxes are screwed into studs in the roof so I am sure they will hold 14lbs. Just curious if anybody had any experience with this or should I look at the Omnimount 20?

http://www.btech-usa.com/bt34.htm

davef
06-05-2008, 10:29 PM
I purchased 5x CBM-170 SE and I already have some BT34 ceiling mounts. They are rated for 11 lbs. The speakers weigh about 14 lbs. I was wondering if anybody had attempted to use these mounts with these speakers? My house has a HT 5.1 prewire with the outlets in the ceiling. The BT-34 mounting plates will work great with my install. The outlet boxes are screwed into studs in the roof so I am sure they will hold 14lbs. Just curious if anybody had any experience with this or should I look at the Omnimount 20?

The B-Tech brackets are very well made but I can not offer advice on this matter since I have never tried the BT34 with our CBM-170 SE. I can tell you that the Omni-20s work very well and give you a bit more flexibility (and separation from the rear wall). You might want to contact Jim Brunner at B-tech directly. He is a nice guy and will give you a straightforward answer.

Hope this helps!