PDA

View Full Version : Setup Help for new Home Theater Ascend Package

Ben_Wood
03-01-2004, 05:05 AM
I would set the fronts and center to "small". Does your receiver have an 80 Hz crossover option, if so I would recommend using it. If not use the 100 Hz setting. And welcome to the club!

ClutchBrake
03-01-2004, 06:06 AM
If you are really going to go the whole nine yards I'd recommend getting 340s across the front. Nothing wrong with the 170s in that room, but just to be safe I'd go all 340s. That is what I have in my 14'w x 20'L x 7.5'H room. I got 340s as surrounds also, though.

Lou-the-dog
03-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ascend! Sounds like you are well on the way to one fine HT. I'd like to see pictures of your settup if you're so inclined someday. I've found that Ascend's recomendation for main speaker separation to get you pretty close. Measure the distance from your seating to an imaginary line connecting your mains. Separate your mains by a factor of .73 of this distance. Also draw an imaginary line straight out from your mains. Tow in the mains so these imaginary lines would intersect a few feet behind your head when seated in the desired sweet spot. When done listen to some music in 2 channel and pay attention to the imaging. Usually when recorded, the vocalist would be centered in the soundstage (although with the BB King/Clapton DVD I'm listening to now BB is on the right of the stage and Eric is on the left} anyhow if the vocals are centered then you are pretty close to proper spacing. If they seem offset to the left or right then adjust and listen again. Sometimes an inch or two is all it takes. Enjoy.

Randy

curtis
03-02-2004, 07:40 AM
You guys with dedicated rooms for your HT/audio equipment make me jealous.

-curtis

Ben_Wood
03-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Curtis, I'd love to have a dedicated HT/audio room![:)]