PDA

View Full Version : just ordered my 170s

Lou-the-dog
02-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Congratulations! The 170's are amazing!

Randy

bombadil67
02-27-2004, 05:25 AM
Enjoy you new Ascends. Please post you impressions when get a chance, would be interested to hear how they sound with a digital amp.

Cliff

disastar
03-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Man, I'm loving these speakers! The imaging is f'n incredible! I listen to a wide variety of music and it all sounds beautiful and wonderful coming out of the CBM-170s.

I'm used to the sound of music through my Grado SR-60 headphones and I think the two outputs are very similar. The grados have always been said to produce an extremely neutral and accurate sound and the Ascends match them.

The ascends are amazing. Not only is the imaging incredible, but the sound is very big and completely fills my room, albiet it is a small room.

I'm completely satisfied...well, now I want to grab another pair of 170s and a sub....and maybe a center and whatever the 6 in 6.1 is...and....[:I]

Oh, as to the effect of the digital receiver...well, I have no clue. It does not seem to alter the mids or highs as people say other brands of receivers do. If it does, my ears don't care. The sound that comes of the panny and 170s is awesome.

bombadil67
03-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Another satisfied Ascend customer! Yeah, I've been quite enamored with my 170's as well for the past few weeks. I liked 'em so much, that I whent ahead and ordered another 170 for cc, and the HTM-200's for surround. For sag's, I hooked the little 200's to the front for a listen. Even though they don't have the midrange detail of the CBM's, they still have that "Ascend" sound . . . clear and accurate!

Glad you like your Panny, these units are causing quite a stir. It seems that some folks have been modding these things, and obtaining true high-end performance.