PDA

View Full Version : My CMT-340 CC came today and it sucks....

ez-v
08-26-2003, 02:56 PM
I know... been debating on whether or not I should go for the CMT-340s myself sometime in the near future. Well, you can justify it by saying that you can trade in the CMB-170s to offset some of the cost. Also, IMO, the CMT-340 L/R with the matching stands look a lot better than the CMB-170s.

curtis
08-26-2003, 03:57 PM
I think my kids broke-in my CMT-340c on SpongeBob.

You guys are welcome to come check out my CMT-340L/R's. ez-v...you are closer...come spend a weekend at a nice socal beach. I can get you a good rate at a hotel at the beach, right on the sand and next to the nightlife in Hermosa Beach. Quinn...you and the Mrs. too, when you are ready for a nice little getaway. Hell...any Ascend owner I will get you a deal at the place on the beach!

-curtis

Ben_Wood
08-26-2003, 10:31 PM
Upgrading, to paraphrase the Allman Bros. "The Road Goes on Forever"!

curtis
08-27-2003, 05:06 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Also I was hearing a few things I don't think I've noticed before, I'm guessing that that is a result of the clarity.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What kind of stuff? For me it was better dispurtion, and lower mids.

-curtis

Quinn
08-27-2003, 06:12 AM
I noticed very natural sounds from actions such as drinking glasses being set down, silverware use and other low level ambient sounds.

Maybe I can put The Sound of Music on for my daughter and get a better idea.

Definately better dispersion and voices seem a little more natural too. Maybe it is better lower midrange. I still haven't had time for critical listening.

curtis
08-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Yeah....and you are going to have less time pretty soon with the new one on the way. Do the right thing and give the center to someone that has the time to enjoy it. :D

-curtis

Quinn
08-27-2003, 06:34 AM
I think my daughter is enjoying Rugrats on it right now.