PDA

View Full Version : Kill the kitty. . . Kill the kitty

Lou-the-dog
02-23-2004, 09:31 PM
When you find Kitty be very careful to make it look like an "accident". Your wife may impose capital punishment on YOU if it appears you had anything to do with Kitty's demise.

Randy

Ben_Wood
02-23-2004, 09:40 PM
You weren't by any chance playing Ted Nugent were you? ("Cat Scratch Fever")! [:D]

Derek
02-23-2004, 10:47 PM
Bummer. I feel your pain. One of my cats prefers to use the tv instead of their scratching post to scratch on. I have found that using a fabric shaver to trim off the damage works very well. It doesn't restore it to the original state, but it looks much much better.

Derek

bombadil67
02-24-2004, 03:27 AM
OK, and now the rest of the story . . .

We have a tri-level home, and my system is in the basement (really another living room). There's a half wall built around the room, four feet high or so, and extends out another six inches. On top of that is a ledge of 7 inches across . . . this has become Kitty's (a.k.a Chitter's) walkway. He has used my old speakers to jump up/down from this ledge. My CBM's, however, are situated almost two feet from the back wall, and are on 30" stands. Considering the height and distance, I figured (stupid me) that Chitter would not make the leap. Well, he did. Surprisingly, the stand didn't go over; the speaker fell off! I'm not sure how it happended, but the fall cracked my woofer from the surround all the way to the phase plug. Also, all the clips on the grill are kaput.

I will say though, I am now a firm believer in Ascend customer service. I already had an order placed for an additional CBM and a pair of HTM's to complete my HT. They're sending another woofer and throwing in a grill free of charge![:)] I would rather not say what the woofer cost, but let's just say I'm very happy with how they handled it. So, in a few days, everything will be back to normal.

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, here kitty, kitty, kitty. Daddy has a treat for you.

Derek
02-24-2004, 08:04 AM
Wow. Sorry, I guess I don't know that pain! A fuzz shaver ain't gonna fix a broken woofer... [:(]

Larry.H
02-24-2004, 09:20 AM
but the shaver would work wonders on kitty

bombadil67
02-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Dangit, Chitters been taken into protective custody.[:(!]

Lou-the-dog
02-24-2004, 12:15 PM
Now I've got this picture in my head of Chitters sitting on your wifes lap and sticking his tongue out at you as you walk by.

Randy

bombadil67
02-25-2004, 03:14 AM
Finally, good news; the rest of my speakers will be here (along with replacement woofer and grill) on March 1.[:D] Chitter has 8 lives left. . .