PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Georgia

DougMac
03-11-2008, 05:43 PM
Hi ya'll!

I'm in the process of building a dedicated HT. We have a daylight basement in the side nearest the hill is unfinished. When we built the house, the plan was to take part of the space and use it for a HT. The main part will be 16wx18dx9h. On the left rear there will be a refreshment area (bar) 8wx10d with no separation. I'm doing all the framing and wiring myself. We'll probably hire out the drywall and carpet work. I just finished installing a drop ceiling in the adjacent storage rooms and haven't decided whether to hire it out also.

My plans right now are 340 L/C/R with 170's rear. I'm not sure if I'm going 7.1 yet. Right now I'm planning on a SVS sub, unless Ascend has something soon. This will be driven by a NAD T762, at least starting out. It will be front projection with a 108 DIY laminate screen.

I've read up and narrowed it down to the Ascends. Sounds like just what I'm looking for!

Doug

jvillas
03-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi DougMac, and Welcome to the Ascend Community forum. Your project sounds really great and well thought out. Would like to see a picture of your work in progress,or a picture when completed.

curtis
03-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Missed the first post...but I welcome you as well.

Let us know how things turn out....I would love to see pictures from along the way too.

drewface
03-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Missed the first post...but I welcome you as well.

Let us know how things turn out....I would love to see pictures from along the way too.agreed. it's always nice to see the work in progress.

i think you will be very happy with the 340/170 system, as that is what i run and i am very happy with it. :D ascend is a fantastic company to do business with, and there is a great bunch of people on this forum to answer any questions you may have. i look forward to hearing your impressions when you're all done.

DougMac
03-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Thanks to all who have welcomed me. I have enjoyed seeing progress photos of other projects. I promise to post some for you!

I have finally finshed the storage closets that are adjacent to the HT. Now I can move all the junk into them, clearing out the HT space so I can start framing. Film at 11:00.

Doug

Eddie Horton
03-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Greetings from south of the Mason-Dixon line!! Good luck with the new HT and I'll add to those who give a thumbs up to the 340/170 combo. I have this, as well, and have loved it for almost 4 years now.

rogerm
03-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi Doug - looks like you are well on the way to a great HT. You will love your Ascends. Mt. is a long way from you, but if you promised me lunch at the Whistle Stop I could be tempted to drive down to assist.;)

DougMac
03-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Mt. is a long way from you, but if you promised me lunch at the Whistle Stop I could be tempted to drive down to assist.;)

You're on! I guess you know that the Whistle Stop is still open. For the rest of you, "Fried Green Tomatoes" was filmed in Juliette, GA. It looks pretty much like it did in the film. I guess when the HT is done, "Fried Green Tomatoes" should be the debut film!

Doug

davef
03-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Hi Doug,

Welcome to our forum!!!

I am excited for you and very much look forward to witnessing your HT room progress.

We are here for you every step of the way so please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Have fun!!