PDA

View Full Version : New Member Heading

jvillas
02-17-2008, 03:13 PM
A suggestion, Could we have a forum heading where new members can introduce themselves,and be welcomed to the Ascend Acoustics Community? I have noticed alot of new members recently, and I have neglected to mention my welcoming to them. Some forums offer this opportunity when joining, and personally I find it heartwarming to be greeted. What do you think?

buddhadas
02-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I second it, I think it is a great idea.

davef
02-18-2008, 06:42 PM
A suggestion, Could we have a forum heading where new members can introduce themselves,and be welcomed to the Ascend Acoustics Community? I have noticed alot of new members recently, and I have neglected to mention my welcoming to them. Some forums offer this opportunity when joining, and personally I find it heartwarming to be greeted. What do you think?

I think this is a good idea. Just to clarify, do you mean offering a dedicated forum section under the title of "Introduce Yourself"? Something to that effect?

If so, what is a better heading?

"Introduce Yourself"
"New Member Welcome Center"

Any other suggestions?

MichaelG
02-18-2008, 08:28 PM
How about: Ascended? Introduce yourself! :D

jvillas
02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
MichealG, I like that it's funny.

Davef, how about a simple Introduction,with a sub heading New to Ascend Acoustics heres a good place to start.
Your idea "Introduce yourself" is also a very good one.

I will often introduce myself by saying something like jvillas here from the city by the pond- meaning Chicago. then proceed to relay how I discovered this forum,and my special interest in audio especially 2 channel stereo, and older vintage,and used gear.

It is really left up to the individual to provide as little or as much information as He/She desires.

We have a great, friendly and helpful community here with over 6,000 members. It is an impressive number that is continuing to grow. As that number increases there is no doubt in my mind so will participation in the forums.

I also feel new member introductions and welcoming from members adds a kind of comfort level, and makes participation easier.

If I may add perhaps a little off topic,I have been a member for nearly a year and find curtis to be the best there is.

curtis
02-18-2008, 11:38 PM
If I may add perhaps a little off topic,I have been a member for nearly a year and find curtis to be the best there is.
Ummm...I am afraid to ask, but the best at what?

buddhadas
02-19-2008, 08:06 AM
I suspect he means being a moderator (which I agree with 100%).....aside from that your guess is as good as mine.

curtis
02-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I suspect he means being a moderator (which I agree with 100%).....aside from that your guess is as good as mine.
Thanks, but to every forum member's credit, we really don't have much here that needs to be moderated. Mostly what I do is get rid of the spam posts....there are some doozies!

drewface
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
hello, my name is drew, and i'm an ascendaholic...

all: hi, drew!

:eek:

jvillas
02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes moderator.