PDA

View Full Version : Mounting HTM200s from ceiling

ButchW
01-31-2008, 05:16 PM
I am in the process of finishing my basement and have a section set apart for my home theater. The area is about 12' wide by 15.5' deep. It's open on the right side and half of the back wall (not ideal, I know, but the best I could do). Anyway, because of the open back wall, I'm planning on suspending my rears from the ceiling. The only problem is, there will be a bulkhead running through the middle of the ceiling, front to back about 12" high by 7" wide (it's a steel I-beam). Any ideas on the best way to hang the speakers? I'm guessing I need to have the front of the speaker below the bulkhead, so that the sound won't reflect off of it.

I've attached a portion of the design showing where the home theater room is. The dashed line represents the bulkhead and the rectangles next to the chair and the TV are the speaker locations. .

I'll have CBM 170s for the fronts and a 340 for the center.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Butch

drewface
01-31-2008, 07:36 PM
there is a ceiling mount version of the omnimount 20 that ascend sells on this site and recommends for the 170s. should work fine. you can find dealers of the ceiling version with a quick google search of "omnimount 20 ceiling." here's a picture:
http://media.onecall.com/Image_Products/omnimount/20.0B_Clarge.jpg
if you angle the speakers down some, i don't think the bulkhead will cause you much, if any, trouble.

ButchW
02-01-2008, 06:28 AM
That looks exactly like what I need. I'll have to pick up a pair. Thanks!

davef
02-03-2008, 07:39 AM
That looks exactly like what I need. I'll have to pick up a pair. Thanks!

We do have these exact brackets in stock and they work exceptionally well...