PDA

View Full Version : Speaker placement help

tcat
12-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I'll have my 5 new 200SE's in a couple days, and need suggestions. Currently I have Paradigm cinemas at locations L, R, C, S, and S (per sketch). The "C" is in the center drawer behind the grill cloth (per photo). I could move the L&R out to the circles. I could move the surrounds to locatrion 1, 2, or 3. Right now the only good seat in the house is "mine" (the chair). The circle by the fireplace could actually be built into that wall. I only care about my position, but since I'm getting new speakers, bringing others into the experience would be nice. Could the 3 fronts all be horizontal?

Mike^S
12-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Moving the speakers out to the front probably would improve the sound for the other listeners. Why do you want to put them all horizontal? It probably wouldn't hurt much.

I like position 2 for the rear right speaker. 1 is too close for the people sitting on the couch.

tcat
12-06-2007, 05:27 AM
Thanks, I'm going to try the fronts where they are and the surrounds at 2 & 3. Any problem with mounting surrounds near the ceiling using articulating brackets aimed down about 45 degrees.? My ceiling is 10'. I was thinking the fronts horizonal so all 3 were "the same" (or whichever looks better). I plan on replacing the black grill cloth with Mellotone #DF6003 (beige acoustic fabric) to "blend in" (wife wants them to disappear). I'd rather have the grille off to expose the beauty... oh well, at least I HAVE speakers!

I just shot a couple more pictures. High or Low on the surrounds? My Sub is under the table with te big lamp.