PDA

View Full Version : CMT 340 SE Main review

kjasey
10-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Well its been just about a month with these speakers and i have to say im completely satisified. Energy C2s were my first speaker i considered great sounding for the price range...10yrs later they've been finally beaten.
Ive owned several speakers between the time frame but all have been sold..in quest for a better sounding speaker. Heres the list...

Energy Audissey 2.2s...discontinued for a reason....terrible 2 channel..the bipolar..didnt do much for the surround.

Axiom M22s..Nice sounding speaker...but lacked depth/soundstage. They nearly had a heart attack during LOTR reference scenes. The woofers seem to be taking on bass where it shouldnt of.

Upgraded to M50...sounded like a curtain was infront of them during anything i would listen too. M22s..were much more detailed..I think the m60 would of been the best choice. Too expensive though.

Fosgate Audionics FA62.0 A quality built speaker..which i wanted to like but was very particular on the type of music it wanted to play. Definetly not a rocker speaker. Minimal bass..and maybe a little too flat for two channel. Home theater....well recommended. Too one dimensional...they had to go.

NHTs super zeros (bought with the C2s)...used for surrounds...but at times i tested them in two channel...very nice..open and airy.....very impressive..but i didnt have much use for them...i eventually replaced them with Energy RVSS.

Yes the 340SE beat all these speakers even my energy C2s which i always went back to after selling off speaker by speaker. Ive lost a lot of money in the search of great sounding speakers and its safe to say i finally found one.

My current set-up..Klipsch RC 7. center
Eneregys RVSS surrounds.
12inch DIY sub which i built!
The 340se..blend great with the sub. Its amazing how well.
Miss-matched system..sure...but if you were to listen to dts music...or movies u would be blown away by the set-up. Switch to two channel..sudenly you have warm..deep..open soundstage...with a natural sound u cant tire of. Listen to Plush...by sTp. WOW. Like many people said..this speaker well excell with good recordings. I like the bass...its there...play some Rianna..i had to check if my sub was on...it wasnt. I do prefer my mains set to large along with the center. These speakers didnt break a sweat with reference dvds..such as Titan AE or LOTRs.

Enough said...thanks for all the reviews...ive did a lot of research..before this purchase and i wasnt let down. Thanks Ascend...i wont be selling your speaker anytime soon.

kjasey
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Listen to any Radiohead Cd...If that doesnt tell you something about these speakers..well then your hearing isnt meant to be. Absolutley breathtaking.

davef
11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Yes the 340SE beat all these speakers even my energy C2s which i always went back to after selling off speaker by speaker. Ive lost a lot of money in the search of great sounding speakers and its safe to say i finally found one.... Enough said...thanks for all the reviews...ive did a lot of research..before this purchase and i wasnt let down. Thanks Ascend...i wont be selling your speaker anytime soon.

Hi Kjasey,

Thanks for the wonderful review and I am very happy that your seach for speakers is now over :) You have tried out quite a few of them ;)

Enjoy!!