PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick

qqkltb
08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
This Michael Vick circus is some straight bullsh*t. If there were illegal gun or drug sales on the premises during the fights or abuse of any PEOPLE at his property, lock him up. Otherwise, if all he did was hurt some animals, or have knowledge that animals were being hurt on his property… (what are the charges anyway? Felony Animal Tampering??!?!) Slap him with a hefty fine and let him get back to work!

Dressage is “taught” by hooking weights into the back of horses’ legs. How unnatural and uncomfortable is a dog show for a dog? What happens to a dog or a horse when it can no longer race (Barbaro)? How did they kill the chickens for your salad at lunch? Where and how do they keep the chickens when they are still alive? How do they treat the workers at ConAgra who process the dead chickens? Do you wear leather shoes? Have you been past a slaughter-house lately? Where’s the outrage?

There’s a war, People! An out of control, dangerously stubborn President, Hundreds of injured veterans coming home to mismanaged, unequipped, rundown VA Hospitals, Asbestos in the Katrina trailers, Massive upper respiratory diseases among the 9/11 survivors…

Let It Go!

ThomasC
08-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Let it go?

"Vick also was involved with the others in killing six to eight dogs that did not perform well in testing sessions last April. The dogs were executed by drowning or hanging."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20429109/page/2/

This is a cultural thing, no doubt. People in China eat dog and Hindus won't eat cow meat. But this is America, where people have dogs as pets and many love them. Some think of them as part of the family like a child. There are a lot of bad and sick things going on in the world that are worse than dogfighting, but that's not all. He was involved in killing dogs for a recreational "sport." There is no excuse for that. A fine is not enough, no way. This is a public relations disaster for the NFL and I don't think he will ever play again.

qqkltb
08-24-2007, 08:04 PM
The media has already destroyed Mr. Vick, I think it's an diversion, only to take Americas focus off of what's really going on. Like a good magician, watch one hand while the other hand creates the illusion. C'mon we have more important issue's to deal with.

bikeman
08-25-2007, 06:46 AM
The media has already destroyed Mr. Vick,
They've done no such thing. They've sugar coated it just like they did the war.

I think it's an diversion, only to take Americas focus off of what's really going on. Like a good magician, watch one hand while the other hand creates the illusion. C'mon we have more important issue's to deal with.

The purpose of the U.S. national media is to entertain us. There's plenty of real news to be had as long as we don't expect the boob tube to provide it.
Because one issue is paramount, it doesn't mean that other issues should be ignored. The Vick situation is important from a psychological and sociological perspective. You won't hear that discussed on Fox but it's being discussed.

David

Eddie Horton
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
So you think the media is conspiring with the President or Rupert Murdoch to keep our focus elsewhere? And the best thing they could come up with is Mike Vick? Come on, just show me Jennifer Beale in a bikini and that would do it. I hear it won't matter for long anyway. Mississippi State is about to fire Sylvester Croom and name Vick as the replacement coach. If anyone can make the Bulldogs fight, it's him!! Roll Tide, and bring on football season. Just trying to lighten things up a bit here.

bikeman
08-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Roll Tide, and bring on football season. Just trying to lighten things up a bit here.
When your team was 1-10 and 4-8 the last two seasons, nothing will lighten things up except a minor miracle. Go Orange!

David

Eddie Horton
08-28-2007, 05:46 AM
Well, in 2005 we were 10-2 and in 2006 we were 6-7. But, we were 4-9 in 2003 and 6-6 in 2004, so a miracle may be necessary, but I can still live in the past and be happy while hoping that Saban can walk on water while wearing a houndstooth hat. :)

CitMark
08-28-2007, 06:05 AM
On a positive note the Falcons didn't look too bad last night without Vick. I think Vick is an incredible athlete but I have never thought he would take the Falcons to the Superbowl...he has never appeared to turn the corner with his passing ability & just making smart decisions on a consistant basis. He would always have that 'great play' where he jukes some players for a score but I never really saw more than that.

At the end of the day I think the Falcons are better off without Vick.

What I wonder is if Vick will be allowed to play in the NFL again?

bikeman
08-28-2007, 12:23 PM
What I wonder is if Vick will be allowed to play in the NFL again?
I think just a matter of when and for who. I can't see him being welcomed back by Atlanta. I just hope none of my teams pick him up.

David

muzz
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Vick is getting what he deserves- he had a life of luxury, and he chose to kill PETS for the fun of it.... he should be kicked OUT of football for gambling.

What do ya feel about that?
If he was WHITE would you feel the same way?

bikeman
09-10-2007, 06:11 AM
[quote=muzz;25079]Vick is getting what he deserves- he had a life of luxury, and he chose to kill PETS for the fun of it.... "

The dogs weren't pets. They were breed for killing each other. Dog fighting has been a sub culture for a long, long time in this country and elsewhere. It's been pretty much ignored up till now. MV has brought it out of the closet. We'll see if the publicity has any lasting effect.

"If he was WHITE would you feel the same way?"

Can't see where race enters into it. Animals killing animals for entertainment is practiced by all races.

David

CitMark
09-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Living in Charleston,SC we had a dog fighting ring busted a few years ago and it was a big deal...just only on a local level. From what I've noticed dog fighting has always been handled on a local level which is why I have never really heard about it on the major networks (national news)...Vick just made it a headliner cause he's Vick...hate'em or love'em he's pretty stupid to even be involved in something like that (he could have gone somewhere where it is legal...gotta be some country I imagine)...

Whether it be Vick or Dale Earnhardt Jr., if you're known on a national level and get busted for a federal crime...your career is going down the drain.