PDA

View Full Version : Replacement cases for thin pack season box sets?

blindcat7
08-24-2007, 04:29 PM
I've been buying a lot of TV seasons lately and have run into a bit of a recurring problem. I really like the thin pack method of storing TV seasons, enough so that I am considering selling my Buffy and Angel seasons off to replace them with the thin pack version and keep hoping that B5 will be repackaged that way so I can do the same. The problem is what to do when one gets a defective case. I have gotten several seasons with one case that wont hold one or both discs in the case solidly. I've got sources for most other common single and double disc replacement cases, but am unsure about where to find replacement cases for these.

I would like to be able to get both the single and double replacement cases in this format since I have damaged cases of both types. Any help would be appreciated, I have found several items at places like sleevecity.com that are listed as thin packs, but the descriptions are lacking and I can't see the pics well enough to risk ordering them without confirmation that these are what I am looking for.

Thanks,

Chris

BradJudy
08-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I just saw some thin-pack DVD cases on the clearance end-cap at my local Target. I didn't look closely enough to see if they are the type you're looking for.

I think they were these: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton/601-0336609-7448116?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000P0HME2

I can take a look if you'd like, but the only comparison I have are the ones in the Futurama DVDs - do you know if that's what you're looking for?

blindcat7
08-24-2007, 05:18 PM
The ones in the Futurama sets are exactly what I am looking for. Warner and Fox have both been using those for their TV sets as well as some others. As a matter of fact, I think one of the ones I need to replace is in one of my Futurama seasons.

Thanks,

Chris

I just saw some thin-pack DVD cases on the clearance end-cap at my local Target. I didn't look closely enough to see if they are the type you're looking for.

I think they were these: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_qi_detailbutton/601-0336609-7448116?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000P0HME2

I can take a look if you'd like, but the only comparison I have are the ones in the Futurama DVDs - do you know if that's what you're looking for?

JohnnyCasaba
08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
I've never ordered from this place, but used to get emails from them:

http://www.american-digital.com/prodsite/category.asp?c=1964

Just in case you can't find any locally.

blindcat7
08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks,

I went to order the ones from Target and noticed that they were local only and Alamogordo has no Target. Pretty much all we have here is a Super Wal-Mart. Small town life can suck sometimes.

I went to American Digital and ordered a 100 pack of the singls and doubles. That should cover my damaged cases and give me spares for a lifetime or two. I really like that they accept Paypal payments. Wish more online businesses would do that.

Thanks again Brad and Johnny,

Chris