PDA

View Full Version : Att: davef

M Dwight
08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Hello David.
As a x-over designer myself (hobbyist not pro) I must say that I'm very impressed with your designs. It's rare to see ANY audio company follow good science in the design of their products when they can easily cheat and let marketing hype sell their products. You instead do things the right way from the ground up and still sell them at a very fair price. I applaud you. It's a shame the non-tech types don't really know just how well designed your speakers really are....but I do. :) And the end result shines through in their great sound.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could give me any tips on how to maintain good in-phase characteristics in the x-over region. Depending on the drivers chosen I normally try for a acoustic 4th order L-R slopes with a mixed electrical topology. I also try to design with the lowest x-over point that I can get away with (this low x-over point can help reduce some of the driver offset problems) And let the natural roll-off of the drivers aid their slopes. This always seems to bring the phase tracking together nicely. Any advise for me on designing for good phase characteristics?
Thanks,
Mark