PDA

View Full Version : The Legal Aspects of Revenge...

Johnal
08-10-2007, 02:13 PM
I work in an office that has two refrigerators that are made available to its employees. Yesterday evening was the first time in a year I had decided to take advantage of the refrigerator and I left a Naked Juice Kiwi Strawberry beverage in there to have for breakfast this morning. To my surprise, someone had stolen my drink! It was labeled with my name and I had circled the expiration date to ensure no one threw it out. I have been wronged and I am seeking vengeance.

For someone to have the audacity to steal from a fellow employee makes me want to pull a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and kick some ass. I have already decided to buy another Naked Juice beverage (they aren’t cheap btw) and carefully remove the label just enough that I can use a syringe to inject an effective dose of Ipecac. I will then seal the injection site and cover it back up with the label and place it in the refrigerator. Again, I will label the drink as mine in a clear manner so that there can be no “accidents” and will wait for the perpetrator to do his/her thing and suffer the consequences.

Now, I’m aware that tainting food that is to be made available to the public is a pretty serious offense and you can get in a lot of trouble for it, but if the drink clearly shows that it has an owner and it is “stolen” can I be held accountable for the results? I’ve also considered using some sort of laxative just because it’d be easier to explain should someone accuse me of foul play. I’d simply explain I was constipated and had prepared the drink for myself. On the other hand, Ipecac although being much more effective in revealing the culprit, would be much more difficult to explain.

Legal advice anyone? Thanks!

BradJudy
08-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, you can be sued and/or fired for such an action. Being fired for it is probably more likely than being sued.

buddhadas
08-10-2007, 05:04 PM
One never knows how another (unknown) person's body will react to chemicals.
Could you just bring the drink with you to work in the morning?
Also, remember there is a nice little system of checks and balances called karma.

Peace,

Jim

Johnal
08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
well...then scratch that...that's all i need to hear. I'll just pray for karma or something. Although does that mean if someone legitimately had mixed some sort of over the counter medicine in with their food/drink and it was stolen, they could be held accountable for what happens to the thief? Obviously my intentions were a little more devious, but it seems silly that someone can steal from someone and then have the victim be held responsible.

Johnal
08-10-2007, 05:18 PM
PS -- Since the original post I've calmed down quite a bit -- I probably wouldn't have gone through with it anyway as it's not worth the money to buy the laxatives or ipecac.

buddhadas
08-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Johnal,

you could always put a notice on the fridge, stating that Naked Juice has put out a recall for the type of drink that went missing, due to a latent bacterial problem that shows signs at 2 weeks after it has been consumed. Then you could come up with any list of all kinds of fun stuff. I would be more than happy to help. I'll start off: explosive diarrhea.

peace,

jim

muzz
08-11-2007, 09:24 AM
" Cop sh!t his pants, Cop sh!t his pants "

" I put horse laxative in his drink"!!:D

GirgleMirt
08-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Just put someone else's name on the juice :p That way they can't trace it back to you :D