PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl predictions anyone?

Dave G
01-31-2004, 07:03 AM
My heart says New England (I've rooted for them since they were the Boston Patriots) and so does my head. But it will be close, something like 16-13.

curtis
01-31-2004, 04:06 PM
I am hoping for a good game, and interested in checking out my friend's HDTV setup and PSB speakers.

-curtis

JohnnyCasaba
01-31-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm thinking NE all the way, may be close at the half, but NE will pull away in the third. NE's defense was able to confuse Peyton Manning, what shot does Jake have.

Quinn
02-01-2004, 01:13 AM
Just remember Carolina's offensive is very simple. Call a play in the huddle and run it almost no audibles. Whereas the Colts line up read the D and then call the play. Pats don't have a running game for Carolina to respect and Carolina hasn't given up a pass for a TD in the post season and that is with two of their three playoff games on the road. I see the Carolina D shutting down the Pats. Wasn't all the talk two years ago about what shot did a rookie Brady have? Delhomme isn't a rookie. Delhomme put up 273 yards against Dallas who led the NFL with allowing only 163 yards passing. Carolina had to beat the best D and the best O in the league to reach the Super Bowl.

JohnnyCasaba
02-01-2004, 03:43 AM
No offense to Carolina, but they beat the Rams because Martz was afraid to let his QB try to win the game at the end. The Eagles lost their best receiver (Westbrook) and middle linebacker (Emmons) before the playoffs, lost their starting QB in the game, and still were in the game in the fouth quater.

Quinn
02-01-2004, 04:20 AM
Yes and Carolina got to the playoffs as the second most injuried team to New England but everyone is healthy now. Against the Eagle they were able to hold out their best player most of the game so he could heal. Just remember Dallas didn't respect Delhomme and set up to stop the run. He put 275 yards on them.

Also you are assuming to Rams would have won.

Derek
02-01-2004, 04:55 AM
New England!!!!

Quinn
02-01-2004, 05:00 AM
Johnny don't forget that w/o a blown call in the playoffs two years ago the team that won the Super Bowl that year wouldn't have been there.

curtis
02-01-2004, 12:18 PM
I say New England 32, Carolina 29.

-curtis

Quinn
02-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Great game. Congrats to New England. Hats off for making Carolina respect the run.

JohnnyCasaba
02-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Yes a great game (sorry Quinn, was out all day after my post at a SuperBowl Party and could not respond), I give a lot of respect to Carolina and Jake Delhomme. I was a little suspect of them as a Super Bowl team, but they proved a lot to me today. Hats off to both teams!

picasso
02-02-2004, 12:51 AM
It's a wonderful day for us Mainers. Saw the Pats defeat Jacksonville in a snow filled second half this year. Gillete Stadium is great and our team won 15 in a row. Try to top that one!

picasso_04901@yahoo.com

Derek
02-02-2004, 01:20 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

I say New England 32, Carolina 29.

-curtis
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It's pretty easy to "predict" the score after the game is over... [:D]

Derek

curtis
02-02-2004, 01:29 AM
hehehehehe

Definitely a fun game to watch. Missed the halftime "events" though. Anybody got a good link?

-curtis

Derek
02-02-2004, 01:39 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by curtis

hehehehehe

Definitely a fun game to watch. Missed the halftime "events" though. Anybody got a good link?

-curtis
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Start here:

http://members.cox.net/www/janet.jpg

or here:

http://www.offtop.com/misc/janet_teat.gif

but the best shot is here:

http://webpages.charter.net/rlaughlinjr/janetboob.wmv

you may have to save the last one locally to view it. too bad it isn't hd, though... [:)]

curtis
02-02-2004, 01:50 AM
Geeez..you are quick!

-curtis

Derek
02-02-2004, 01:50 AM
It's a slow day at work! [:)]

Derek
02-02-2004, 01:53 AM
I'm still waiting for someone to post a hd clip.