PDA

View Full Version : Are Any of You Using DAC's

bdfin
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Alot of you guys have some killer setups with huge power etc. Not that power would have anything to do with this but, are some of you using DAC units.....and what's your opinion of them.....cost vs. sound improvements?

curtis
07-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I am pretty happy with the DACs in my pre/pro.

If I ever put together a pure 2-channel setup, I would give an external DAC a try.

bdfin
07-01-2007, 06:57 PM
I just figured that it seems alot of you still prefer listening to music in standard stereo and that several of you would use them. I guess I didn't figure built in configs as being as good. My knowledge of the higher end gear is limited and thats one of the reasons I'm here.

curtis
07-01-2007, 07:08 PM
The thing is, even if I did use an external DAC, to use the bass management on my setup would require the signal to be digitized again.

External DACs are something I definitely want to try....I just don't have the disposeable income to do it at the moment.

bdfin
07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I understand the disposable income "issue". What about AC power conditioners?

BradJudy
07-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I have a dedicated DAC, an AudioAlchemy DDE 3.0 that I picked up used for a good price. Right now it's on my headphones on my computer. That seemed like the best use for it for the reason Curtis mentioned. With headphones, I don't have to worry about bass management.