PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Europe, $520 :(

Derek
01-24-2004, 10:38 PM
maybe you could order them without the sub and try to pick up a sub locally.

bikeman
01-24-2004, 10:40 PM
What would the cost of shipping be if the sub is left out of the package? Ascend might adjust the package price to reflect purchasing just the five Ascend speakers. Finding an appropriate sub locally shouldn't be a problem.

David

davef
01-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi Sire404,

I am sorry if the shipping quote was more than you imagined. However, to say that it is 5 times more than you expected is quite surprising.

The system you are interested in weighs in at about 150lbs and consists of 4 large boxes. UPS domestic ground shipping from one coast to another within the US will run about $1.00 per pound.

Might I suggest that you take the time and investigate shipping options yourself for the system. You will soon realize the the price you were quoted (which includes insurance and brokerage fees), is far below FedEx, UPS, and DHL. It is even on par with using the least cost method which is the US postal service. However, due to the size of the subwoofer, this method of shipment can not be used.

Please feel free to email me directly if you find a more affordable option of air shipping.

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
www.ascendacoustics.com

Sire404
02-12-2004, 07:15 PM
Sorry David, I was so disappointed I couldn't think straight.

Keep up the good work! Perhaps some day you'll have a European distributor?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Everything I know, I learned by killing smart people and eating their brains.