PDA

View Full Version : Sierra's how do they compare

tank418
06-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi all I just would like to know how the Sierra's compare and rank with all of the other companys who make speakers

tanaka
06-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Thats quite a tall order.
If you could refine your question people may be able to help you better.

In general I would say that the sierras compare very well with speakers up to 3x the amount. They are a bargain for how good they are, and they perform exceptionally well.

tank418
06-23-2007, 06:34 AM
I know it's a tall order for the money you probaly cant find a speaker that's up to par with the sierra's price, performance, value, and the finish but with all that I can't seen to find any reviews on the speaker is that because it's so new ? really how good are the Sierra's ? please let me know

curtis
06-23-2007, 08:22 AM
From my Ascend fanboy viewpoint, I'd put the Sierra up against any bookshelf speaker I have heard and not even blink. :)

jvillas
06-23-2007, 09:24 AM
While the Sierras have yet to be "professionally reviewed" from what I have read here and at other forums the Sierras have been overwhelmingly praised,as a truly remarkable performer,and of exceptional value. :)

jschlesi
10-11-2008, 02:16 PM
While the Sierras have yet to be "professionally reviewed" from what I have read here and at other forums the Sierras have been overwhelmingly praised,as a truly remarkable performer,and of exceptional value. :)

Has anyone auditioned them against the AV123 Ref 1s?

King
10-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Anyone compare the Sonus Faber auditors or (M) to the Sierra's -1 ??

curtis
10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
If you do a search, there is at least one person that actually owns both, and has done a direct comparison.

King
10-16-2008, 04:03 AM
If you do a search, there is at least one person that actually owns both, and has done a direct comparison.

I was curious if anyone else happen to hear both.
The auditor M are $4800 and the Seirra-1 are Circa $800

How big is the difference?
It should be huge.

But I am guessing, its closer then some might think!

Looking for a pair to buy now. I like them as furniture too......

King
01-18-2009, 06:23 AM
Update:
Now I own both SF and Sierra-1.

I Just need the time to compare the two.
Using Mcintosh and 501 amps.

Curious if there will be a big difference, or a lot closer then some might think.

jvillas
01-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi King, I look forward to reading your comments.

curtis
01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Curious if there will be a big difference, or a lot closer then some might think.
From the SF's I have heard before, I would say they will be fairly different.

Bill Mac
02-19-2009, 04:55 PM

I owned the Ref 1s and 1.8s a few years back. Both excellent speakers but with both the Ref 1s and 1.8s I found they caused listening fatigue after prolonged listening sessions. With the Sierras I have not had that problem one bit even at higher volumes.

To be fair to the Refs my system has changed quite a bit since having them that being a dedicated 2CH preamp (Bel Canto PRe3). Going off of memory (a bad one for sure:o) the Sierras are a much better speaker in all areas of SQ IMO.

I recently had speakers from Dynaudio, the Focus 140s and C1s both excellent speakers costing much more than the Sierras. I agree with Curtis' statement that the Sierras can hold their own against most if not all monitor speakers costing much more.

Bill

jk121764
03-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Here are some speakers I've owned before:

Hales T-3's
Axiom M80's
Meadowlark Shearwater Hotrods
Usher X-719
Von Schweikert VR1
Von Schweikert VR2
Arum Cantus Leisure 2
Silverline Preludes
Fostex single driver speaker

My Fostex's were very pleasing to listen to but were lacking a bit in bass and soundstage so I decided to try the Sierra's. With the Q-plugs (A type) installed I find them very hard to beat, even if they costed twice that amount. Aesthetically they are gorgeous in natural finish. The web pics don't do them justice. The only drawback is I find it hard to pull myself away from the stereo sometimes. :)

Dave has created a great value product for audio enthusiasts.

King
08-26-2009, 04:33 AM
Anyone compare the Sonus Faber auditors or (M) to the Sierra's -1 ??

The Sierras are just voiced different.
The Sonus Faber (7k with stands, at one time) does some things better, like soundstage, and the upper notes are sweeter, to be blunt.
Build looks, well you know that one too...

With that said, I am now looking for my second set of Sierra's for another room.
Very happy with them, even after the SF face off! :)
Which says a lot.