PDA

View Full Version : Discovering Ascend Acoustics

jvillas
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
I would just like to share how I discovered Ascend Acoustics. I happened upon Ascend through a thread on the AVS speaker forum. I can no longer recall the details, but It may have been one of those comparison threads of which there are hundreds,or one of those help me decide between this speaker or that one, also by the hundreds.

Anyways there was a post made by the owner one ID speaker company AV123.
He was quite generous with his praise for Ascend Acoustics Loudspeakers. I thought to myself, wow how unbiased can a competitor get. he must own a couple of sets of Ascends. At the very least he seemed quite familiar with Ascend loudspeakers.

It was this single thread which lead to reviews of the 170s and to this forum and finally a purchase.

Yes I did visit the AV123 website, not my flavor. They have a very loyal following. Alot of the discussion on the forums there are about how the speakers look not about the sound quality, and the owner there seems to keep his customers constantly hyped-up.

Please do not consider this to be any criticism of AV123, because its not. There approach to doing business is just very different from Ascend. Ah, but this is a topic for another discussion.

Mag_Neato
04-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I know what you mean. Sort of like Amway online! I have heard the Rocket 850's and like them, but I am constantly impressed with my classic 170's!

I like the understated, like-em or not approach Ascend has. They are definitely about the sound. Some people want furniture that sounds good, and AV123 has covered much territory there. I like the fact Ascend concentrates on 2 models, but puts everything into them.

drewface
04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I like the fact Ascend concentrates on 3 models, but puts everything into them.
fixed! :D

Mag_Neato
04-16-2007, 05:26 AM
fixed! :D

Oops! Those poor 200's get no respect! :D

DPlettner
05-18-2007, 01:51 PM
I had the same experience as Jvillas. When I wanted to buy new speakers, I went to the AVS Speaker forum and sorted by the number of replies. Then I spent a significant time reading the top 10-20 threads. Right now, the Ascend SE Owner's Thread is number four (not including sticky's).

I noticed that the "New Ascend Acoustics reference monitor announced!" thread was closed today. What a shame. I think there are many people that learn about Ascend for the first time on AVS. I know these threads tend to be a bit contentious, but most AVS users know how to separate good information from the arguing.

If you look at the statistics, AVS Forum as 421,188 members. 4267 of those members are on-line now, and 100 are viewing the Speakers forum. Many AVS members will only visit the Speakers forum when the want to buy speakers. That was true in may case. The AVS speaker forum was the first place I went, and it quickly led me to Ascend.

Hopefully the Ascend threads will stay active on AVS Forum. There is a lot wider exposure to potential cusomers there than there is here.

-Dave