PDA

View Full Version : Planet Earth

curtis
04-01-2007, 11:52 PM
For those of you that get the Discovery Channel....I highly recommend the series "Planet Earth". It is also available in HD.

It reminds me a lot of "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdon" when I was growing up.

edtandy
04-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Curtis, in my opinion this series is simply the greatest thing I've ever seen on TV. I was mesmerized during each episode. Also thought the sound was pretty incredible on DirecTV.

mthoodmark
04-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Agreed, that series has some amazing cinematography. Just when you think you've seen it all, this series blows you away with new creatures/landscapes. I've also been watching another BBC series called The Planets which is excellent.

davef
04-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks for mentioning this new series!

I am watching "Mountains" right now -- I recorded 5 episodes this week.

I have to agree, this series is truly incredible!

picasso
04-12-2007, 05:26 AM
Best nature cinematography I've ever witnessed. A real treat in HD.

curtis
04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I am watching "Mountains" right now -- I recorded 5 episodes this week.

I better check my recording settings because I missed that one.

muzz
04-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes Curtis, it is absolutely awesome.

Once folks get into High Definition, there will be NO turning back.

Even my GF, who has crappy eyesight, LOVES High Def. now that she has her OWN HDTV.. when she records something on the DVR, it is ALMOST always in HD(space requirements ya know!!), and she has had awhile to watch her plasma, she ALWAYS go to the High Def equivalent if it exists, and believe it or not....... she did that ON HER OWN(well... maybe a little from me......)!!

Although she's heard me bragging about HD for years now, it really took her own time, on her own HDTV, to finally come to realise, that I wasn't FOS!! :D