PDA

View Full Version : HTM tweeter orientation

JackT
03-18-2007, 05:17 PM
I am in the process of setting up my HTM-200-based 5.1 HT system. I have installed the L, C, & R speakers. I just opened the box with the final pair and noticed a manual!

Glancing through it briefly, I noticed that it recommends the tweeter oriented at the top for center channel placement, and tweeter orientation on the outsides for L & R channel placement.

My question is: why?

It just so happens I have done the opposite. For the center channel I wanted to minimize the vertical separation between the center tweeter and the LR tweeters. For the LR channels, I just sort of matched what I did with the center (tweeter on the inside), plus my separation is on the large side so I figure I would need slightly less toe-in with the tweeters on the inside.

Finally, my room constrains me to placing my surround channels in a horizontal configuration close to the ceiling (I am over an entry-way on one side). I most definitely plan to put the tweeters at the bottom for these.

Thanks for any input.

(P.S. just for everyone's information, I think the BT-33s are BARELY sufficient for these speakers...)