PDA

View Full Version : what car speakers do you all have?

azanon
01-14-2004, 04:22 AM
I had a dual-amp setup that came with my 95' Nissan 240sx, which i bought new. Both the amps and the speakers were clarion, factory speakers. One amp is now blown, and all the speakers are completely blown except my front right door speaker. It sounded great when it was new! LOL Least i can still listen to the morning show on the way in to work and the sports show on the way home.

Ahem.... so many things to fix, too little money. I spend 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week in my car. Just not worth it to me to fix it.

Azanon

Jonnyozero3
01-14-2004, 04:36 AM
I have (4) Pioneer TS-A1767 6.5" 3-ways in my Toyota Tacoma with a Pioneer Deck. They are nice, and I like their bright sound because I have Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1s on my PC. BUT - I owed my parents bigtime and got them a pair of CBM-170s for xmas, and I have to say its almost a shame to listen to music in my truck now, lol. Now, its not THAT bad, they hold their own for their price, but their detail and midrange is lacking...the Ascends are so detailed and wide that I have to get myself a set now! And now I want to find better truck speakers...lol...I was looking at Infinity's or Crytal Dynamics, but haven't done enough research to offer any sort of opinion.

ClutchBrake
01-14-2004, 04:54 AM
In my Blazer the deck, speakers, and changer are Kenwood. My XM receiver is Pioneer.

In my old truck I had all Pioneer. I far prefer the old Pioneer equipment. It was much more user friendly and had far far far more features. The display wasn't as good as the Kenwood but then again it was five years older.

Gregisme
01-14-2004, 05:23 AM
I own neither of these speakers.. yet, but CDT Audio in the realm of car speakers seem like they would be somewhat similar to the Ascends.

They're a company that doesn't really advertise themselves much, have a bit of a laid back sound but with a stellar midrange/midbass, great detail, very revealing with vocals, considered one of the very best in terms of $$$ vs. value ratio available.

sound familiar?

frank
01-14-2004, 11:38 PM
we have 3 cars in the family every car has different models of alpine head units. as for the speakers we have crossfire audio stuff!! all the amps are also crossfire

uofmrocky
01-15-2004, 05:39 AM
STOCK BABY!

X52
01-15-2004, 11:45 AM
This post might have been better placed in "other Speakers and Subwoofer". But, just he same I use Infinity components and I'm quite happy with them. They are run by an amazing JBL amp. The amp was under $300 and it plays so well it was hard to believe. Great performance for the dollar!
The Infinitys image well but they are a little on the bright side. It's funny because I was messing around with my set up in my car and thought about how it really doesn't matter how good of a speaker you have if you don't have a good or any amp at all. You have to have some power behind your speaker even at lower levels, it make a huge difference.

JH