PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting....

Quinn
01-12-2004, 12:47 AM
I believe the Ascend site was down the day before the forum was. So, was this site hacked? I just assumed it was a server issue but this site did come up didn't it? Hmmmmm.

smokey
01-12-2004, 07:23 AM
I highly doubt we were hacked here at the forum. The error really was not as serious as I first thought, so it would have had to of been a very mild hack ;) Let's just hope we don't have to find out the hard way!

-Smokey.

Thanks, the Management.

EngenZerO
01-12-2004, 11:09 PM
I dont think anyone would "hack" a speaker forum or even the Ascend website, but if their is some suspicous IP activity I wouldnt mind a look @ those IP addresses. Personally, I think it was a server error that caused both those incidents. If they were "hackers"...we would have seen some more interesting results rather than errors. but thats just my opinion, I could be totaly wrong.

[he_who_dares_wins] - sas

curtis
01-13-2004, 12:41 AM
I agree that it was a coincidence.....but what are the odds?

-curtis

EngenZerO
01-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Dunno...odds with computers/servers are almost hard to predict, I think it was just coincidence.

If you do see suspicious IP addresses, I will be happy to trace them. If they were really skilled "hackers" they should be using a spoofer/bouncer/proxy and if their "noobs" I assure you they will be in a world of hurt, [;)].

[he_who_dares_wins] - sas