PDA

View Full Version : Please watch & comment on my daughter's YouTube audition tape!

tjennings
12-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Happy New Year everyone! I'm headed down to my family room to fire up my 340 SE's for the rest of the evening - welcome 2007!!!!

tjennings
12-31-2006, 05:14 PM
Ooops - I jumped the gun, her YouTube video has to be approved & added to the Talk America TV group first before her views / comments will count (I believe anyhow), sorry for the false alarm! Stop back every now and then later this week and give it a look... thanks again!

-------------------

Please everyone, watch and leave a positive comment on my oldest daughter Carolyn's YouTube audition tape as a host for the new Talk America TV show! The video / audio is slightly out of sync, but the more views & positive comments she gets, the more it catches the producers eye - so please watch, and pass it along to your friends to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDtkGANAXY

THANK YOU everyone!!!
-- Tom --

Mag_Neato
01-02-2007, 09:26 AM
My stupid computer at work has no audio, but Carolyn is very attractive, and seems to have a bubbly personality!

tjennings
01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks Ed, yes, she's a live wire that's for sure. ;)

Thanks everyone for viewing it, she had around 200 views in about a day's time. Up to around 300 views now. She is the producer's top audition video at this point in time, they must have liked her also... maybe she'll make it to the 2nd round where I believe she'll need to do another video. Keep watching it when you are bored and have nothing else to do! :D

curtis
01-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I watched three or four of the other videos....she is clearly the best IMO.

hey...where is the plug for Ascends? :)

tjennings
01-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Good point, we should have worked a plug for Ascends into the video - darn! Thanks for watching it Curtis. She watched a movie on the new 340 SE's while home for the holidays and thought my HT sounded better. She's the only member of the fam that will watch a movie with me downstairs on my HT! :confused:

MichaelG
01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Tom, I think its no surprise that Carolyn is the producers top pick. She clearly has great taste too if she listens to your Ascends with you! ;) Good Luck!

Michael

davef
01-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Hi Tom,

Without question, she is the best!

Please give her my congratulations.

tjennings
01-03-2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks Dave & Michael, I'll pass along your well wishes to her. She's up over 425+ views as of this morning, so THANKS EVERYONE for taking the time to give her audition video a look... the more viewings the more it helps out with the producers according to the entry info! If she makes it to round 2 she said she'll tweak / clean up the hand and head gestures.

debo
01-03-2007, 05:26 AM
She looks like a winner to me. Very warm and pleasant.

tjennings
01-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks Jeff!

She should be well over 525 or 550 views by now - into the top half of the group now. It is hard to tell though since the counter hasn't budged from 494 this early evening even though new people are watching it and commenting. I think they must update the counter just a few times per day.

I'll let you know if she makes it to round 2 for the host position. Thanks everyone for viewing it and upping that counter. Ascend power! :)

tjennings
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Carolyn is up to the 1000 view mark - thanks everyone for watching and keeping the view counter moving upwards! She was the producer's "top audition video" for the first week she uploaded it, so I think she has a good shot to make it to round 2 of the audition.

Jonnyozero3
01-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey she's great! I love the karate chop at the end. :p

Any updates? When are the round two choices selected?

tjennings
01-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks Jon! I think round 1 ends this Saturday 1/13. We are hoping we can get one last push from friends to watch the video (multiple times if possible) between now and then to bump it up close to 1300 views or so! So if anyone is bored, hit that refresh button and watch it a few times! ;)

I'll let everyone know if she makes it to round 2.

drewface
01-11-2007, 04:10 PM
i watched some of the other videos on there, and i have to say i'm really surprised at how bad some of them are. i've always thought that doing that sort of tv hosting would be easy, but obviously not everyone is cut out for the job.

out of the videos i saw, your daughter was by far the best prepared and her delivery was great. good luck!

EDIT: WOH. you didn't mention she was miss west virginia 2004. that's a good one for the ol' resume

tjennings
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks drewface - I haven't watched any of the other videos so I'm not sure what she's up against!

She gives you a quiz during the audition video - sounds like you may have passed it! ;) Or is she just a pathological liar?? :D

drewface
01-13-2007, 07:09 AM
well... i didn't exactly watch the whole thing... :o

i did watch more of her tape than any of the others since it was actually tolerable.

tjennings
01-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Well you HAVE to watch it to the end to get to the bloopers / out-takes! :p Those were the most fun / interesting part by far!

tjennings
01-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey Jon, there's a ring on her hand, but its just decoration... at least still at this point. She wears lots of rings. Maybe one of these days though, we'll see. :rolleyes:

Jonnyozero3
01-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Haha, too funny that you saw that. :) Being picky isn't a bad thing. I can see my mom rolling her eyes in the exact same way :p

tjennings
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Wow, I never imagined that ASCEND POWER would push her over the 1400 views mark - thanks everyone! Its the last few days of the round 1 audition - it ends Saturday. I'll let everyone know if she makes it to round 2. Thanks for your support (and views).

Mag_Neato
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Tom, ASCEND does mean rise to the top, doesn't it!

Your daughter just needs to be wearing an Ascend Acoustics cap!

Jonnyozero3
01-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm listening to her on six windows at once.

Fun!

Jonnyozero3
01-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, I never imagined that ASCEND POWER would push her over the 1400 views mark - thanks everyone! Its the last few days of the round 1 audition - it ends Saturday. I'll let everyone know if she makes it to round 2. Thanks for your support (and views).

Hey - you should put that link on AVS in your signature. Have it read, "My Miss WV daughter on YouTube"

I bet you'd break the 10k mark ;)

Edit - Better yet...get someone with a ton of posts to put it in his sig. :p. Hell I'd do it too...I've only got 1k though.

curtis
01-17-2007, 04:00 PM
OK...I just added it to my sig at AVS. Let's see what happens and if I get in trouble over there. :D It is a form of marketing which they prohibit.

Jonnyozero3
01-17-2007, 04:29 PM
No it's not...are you...suuuuuuuuuuuure? We'll soon find out.... :p

Maybe I should do it too? Or would that be testing the waters too much?

curtis
01-17-2007, 08:22 PM
It looks like, since I changed my sig, the video has gotten about 48 more views. Is that good?

tjennings
01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys, what a clever idea! Sounds like the view counter is going crazy! It just showed 1453 views for me when I fired it up just now at 11:35 PM. Woo-hooooo!

muzz
01-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I've also been playing it plenty, gotta get the #'s up!!!!

Jonnyozero3
01-18-2007, 08:40 PM
1512 :) I think the counter lags. Or does it only show new IP address views or something?

tjennings
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Up to 1565 views as of tonight, fantastic! :D I'm not sure how the counter works, I thought maybe it was only updated a few times per day, but each view was being counted behind the scenes. But I really don't know. It wraps up tomorrow, so I guess she'll find out this weekend if she made it to round 2 or not!

December 4, 2006 Contest opens

January 20, 2007 Audition video submission deadline.

January 21, 2007 Selected Contestants invited to Los Angeles for auditions. Following auditions, videos released on YouTube. There may be second callbacks.

Early February, 2007 Winners share the hosting duties for the inaugural live episode of Talk America T.V.

tjennings
01-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Thanks everyone, my daughter has been invited to Round 2 in Los Angeles - THIS FRIDAY! So not sure if she is going yet or not... so little notice, plus they don't pay for air fare or lodging (WTF??). So we'll see if she goes for it or not...

1700+ views is awesome, mainly thanks to the Ascend family!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDtkGANAXY

debo
01-23-2007, 06:39 AM
Congratulations, maybe Ascend could sponsor her. Fly her out in their private Ascend Acoustic Lear Jet, pick her up in the Ascend limo. The logo at the top of this page looks like she flying over the rockys right now!

Jonnyozero3
01-23-2007, 02:04 PM
haha!

Congrats. I really hope she can make it. I don't know much about this new TV show, but it sounds like a chance for a "big break." Consider it an investment in her future...right? :p

Jonnyozero3
01-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Any news? I watched the quote, 'top video' on the TATv website, and I couldn't see how she'd be better than your daughter. Just saying.

tjennings
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Carolyn had the audition on Friday in Burbank but was notified on Saturday she wasn't selected as one of the two hosts for the pilot show to be shot - get this - ALL THIS COMING WEEK. So I think actually she was relieved that she didn't have to try getting out of her commitments at work for an entire week with absolutely no notice.

But she has some other hosting opportunities in the works... ones on more established shows, so we'll see. Thanks for checking Jon, and for voting / commenting / viewing it so many times!

Jonnyozero3
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh man, that's too bad. The pilot winners had better be damn good.

Goodluck to her on the other tries :)

curtis
01-28-2007, 09:15 PM
So she came out here all on her own dime....as I suspect the other candidates did, and then tell the winners they have to be ready to go in a day?

Crazy...that's Hollywood for you.

Good luck to her in the future though.

Jonnyozero3
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Sounds to me like they're getting a pilot shot with less expense than normal on their side. Makes me wonder how permanent the host job is...

tjennings
02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing Jon! I think it worked out for the best. But it was exciting and she got to spend a fun weekend in CA.

audibleconnoisseur
03-21-2007, 11:24 AM
tjennings,

She did really well. I have seen a lot of them over the years and she certianly has what it takes to make it in the pop culture world and is bright and bubbly with all kinds of fun; for the more serious market, a few less hand gestures and movement might be considered (unprofessional opinion). Also, she has a quality look about her in a mix b/t Solidad (spelling?) and Eva L. with a nice figure [which means she is quite easy on the eyes - i.e., she is very attractive] congratulations!!

Best of luck to her and I hope there is some good news about her audition, if you don't already know ;)

tjennings
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey thanks, this one didn't work out but she is doing some work for chic.tv:

http://chic.tv/?v=163

She has 4 or 5 other videos on here also.
-- Tom --