PDA

View Full Version : Front speaker placements

tripp
11-20-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi, I just finished construction of my home theatre (see attached photo) and have a question concerning placement of the front speakers.

I have a 340c se for the center and a pair of 170se's for the front left and right. I would like to mount the center above the screen (and above the crown molding that hides the screen container) and the left and rights on the wall about 1/3 of the way up the screen. However, I am concerned that the center will be too high. Will it be? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the information!

Tripp

bikeman
11-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Does anyone have any other suggestions?Tripp
Call or email Ascend. I think this is going to require a professional opinion. Let us know the results.

David

curtis
11-20-2006, 01:02 PM
The only thing I'll add is that I think the center would be too high.

Other than that, I just get very envious when someone shows their dedicated theater.

Last Thursday I went to see a demo of an acoustically transparent screen, and JVC's new high end projector. Well....I am now ruined as far as video is concerned.

BradJudy
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I'd be pretty concerned with placing the L and R right up against the walls - that's going to throw things off too.

As mentioned, ask DaveF, but I don't think there are any good answers to this room.

ebh
11-22-2006, 08:48 AM
from having my center a good bit higher than my tv, i would say mounting it over the screen will not work all that well b/c you will find voices to be very directional and eminate from the speaker rather than seeming to come from the screen. i'm in the process of moving mine lower as we speak. of course, i'm no expert.

i think it would make more sense to get a very small stand and place the center below the screen. you could angle it up a bit, even.

btw, amazing looking room!