PDA

View Full Version : Heroes on NBC

Jonnyozero3
09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Okay, another TV plug. Watched Heroes tonight on NBC - excellent show. I highly recommend it. It's showing again tomorrow night (tues) at 7/8c.

I hope someone watches it so we can chat about it, haha.

curtis
09-25-2006, 10:48 PM
OK...I will schedule it on the DVR.

BradJudy
09-26-2006, 05:57 AM
I wasn't excited by it - a mix of X-men and The 4400. It seems like another not very original sci-fi attempt by one of the main networks. At least it was well made.

Jonnyozero3
09-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Really? I can be pretty picky about my TV shows, so I was excited that I enjoyed it. I haven't seen the 4400, and I always thought the X-men movies were just "Okay."

It's doing decently on metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/heroes
But no rating on IMDB yet: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0813715/

curtis
09-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Guess I will be the tie breaker tonight! :)

Quinn
09-26-2006, 11:57 AM
I watched Smith last week and am hooked. It is on tonight on CBS I think.

BradJudy
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
One of my beefs with it (other than the core subject matter being a bit of a rip off) is that they gave away the entire storyline in the first episode - unless they pull some real suprise, you could probably describe the major events of the whole season now.

I'll watch one or two more to see if the production quality makes it worth watching, but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

curtis
09-27-2006, 09:28 AM
OK...I watched Heroes (in HD too) last night. It kept my interest. I'll keep recording it for now. Some of guys in the office seem to be pretty hot on it.

I have Smith recorded too....but my FIOS TV service gets installed this afternoon, so hopefully I will get to watch it before we switch the boxes.

Jonnyozero3
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Okay, good to hear some people are interested. :) I thought I was out on a limb there.

Now I just can't wait for BSG on Oct 6th. I really hope they don't ruin the show with the huge turn they took at the end of last season.

Jonnyozero3
10-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, I thought Heroes tonight was still rather enjoyable. I'm going to continue watching. Some dark stuff going on though, didn't expect them to use that much blood and gore for stuff (should have known after the first one though).

shane55
10-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Ooo... blood and gore! Sounds good.
I recorded it (yeah, in HD) and will watch tomorrow night. The first episode was good. Kept my interest.

As for Smith. Liked the first episode. Didn't care for the second and the wife and I agreed to stop watching... too much (other?) good stuff on.

And speaking of that good stuff... BSG! Can't wait!! Why can't THIS show be in HD??? Arrrrrgh!

shane

curtis
10-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Watched Heroes again tonight(in HD). Kept my interest again, but there sure seemed to be a lot of commercials.....I was fast forwarding a lot.

Jonnyozero3
10-03-2006, 11:24 AM
And speaking of that good stuff... BSG! Can't wait!! Why can't THIS show be in HD??? Arrrrrgh!

It looks incredible on Universal HD, but the whole one-season-behind thing sucks. Damn it's great though :)

Watched Heroes again tonight(in HD). Kept my interest again, but there sure seemed to be a lot of commercials.....I was fast forwarding a lot.

Hmm, it must have been my heinekin b/c I didn't get annoyed by the commercials that time. I watched it not-time-shifted too.

curtis
11-02-2006, 01:22 PM
OK....I have been keeping up with Heroes, but after this week's episode, I think it is starting to get too cheesy.

shane55
11-02-2006, 10:45 PM
OK....I have been keeping up with Heroes, but after this week's episode, I think it is starting to get too cheesy.
Sorry to hear that, ol' man.
I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit now... though I knew all along about:
Prison-break Hubby.
Big-Eyed neighbor girl.
The birth-parents.

Lots of it pretty awfully obvious, but still a fun ride. Guilty pleasure... something to keep me interested between episodes of Battlestar.:D

shane

curtis
11-02-2006, 10:52 PM
that's what is making it all cheesy....you saw it all coming.

Too bad they don't show Ali Larter kicking more ass.....her hubby having power kind has me ready to go over the edge.

shane55
11-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Too bad they don't show Ali Larter kicking more ass......
Yeah... maybe they'll show some of that later on.
It's just popcorn. ;)

Jonnyozero3
11-05-2006, 10:11 AM
that's what is making it all cheesy....you saw it all coming.

Too bad they don't show Ali Larter kicking more ass.....her hubby having power kind has me ready to go over the edge.

I want to see what their kid can do :)

I admit it isn't the strongest show, but I find it fun to watch. Now, battlestar on the other hand....damn. Damn. That's all I have to say :p

tjennings
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I love HEROES, can't wait to see Monday's (11/27) big show which reveals why / how they got their powers! I'm an X-Men fan, so it was a good match for me. :)

drewface
02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
i just got into this show right before the last episode in 2006 (before the break it took). i downloaded all the episodes i had missed and got caught up on the story. i thought the first 6 episodes were fantastic, and then it started to lose my interest a little. still good, but not as suspenseful as its earlier episodes.

the first two episodes after the break have been great, though! i think Hiro alone is enough reason to watch the show.

edit: like Tom, i've been an x-men fan for a while, this show is right up my alley :D

curtis
02-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes....the last two episodes have been fun.

Hiro Nakamura(Masi Oka) cracks me up.....especially since in real life he does not have an accent and was featured on the cover of Time magazine as a child.....although he was not metioned in the article at all. He also works as a digital effects artist.

drewface
02-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Hiro Nakamura(Masi Oka) cracks me up.....especially since in real life he does not have an accent and was featured on the cover of Time magazine as a child.....although he was not metioned in the article at all. He also works as a digital effects artist.you sure he doesn't have an accent? i saw him on some talkshow the other night and he did have an accent. i assume he could have been doing it partially in character, but i dunno. i also found it interesting that he is a digital effects artist, and for industrial light and magic (george lucas' company) no less. i was pretty impressed.

my roommate also said he heard he has an IQ of 180. throw in his nomination for best actor or whatever it was, this guy is living quite the life...

curtis
02-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Hmmm....the guy has been in the States most of his life, if he has any accent, it is very slight....but I don't remember hearing any...but then again, I am asian. :)

drewface
04-22-2007, 09:17 PM
new episodes start up again tonight (monday)!

curtis
04-22-2007, 10:31 PM
new episodes start up again tonight (monday)!
Yup...we talk about it in the office.

Kingrsl
04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Great episode tonight! Only two more to go!

shane55
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Not ONE WORD!!!
I've got it recorded, but won't get to it until tomorrow night.

Spoilers will pay!! :eek:

;) Can't wait until tomorrow night... gonna be a long day at work. Ugh.

shane

drewface
04-24-2007, 12:14 AM
Great episode tonight! Only two more to go!yeh, it was pretty good. next week should be even better! i thought there were 3 more, though... this is the final four, right?

curtis
04-24-2007, 07:32 AM
I thought at the end of the show the advertisement said two chapters left?

drewface
04-24-2007, 01:07 PM
I thought at the end of the show the advertisement said two chapters left?might have? i dunno, i wasn't really paying attention to the commercials, but i do remember seeing "the final four chapters" on one at some point... :confused:

i hope i'm right and you're wrong though. only 2 more this season would be a bummer...

curtis
04-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Maybe each chapter is two shows?

curtis
04-24-2007, 03:54 PM
According to this site, there are four more episodes left.
http://www.tv.com/heroes/show/17552/episode_listings.html

Shane.....did you watch the last episode yet? Can we start posting?

drewface
04-24-2007, 04:01 PM

Shane.....did you watch the last episode yet? Can we start posting? yay :D

shane55
04-24-2007, 06:01 PM

Shane.....did you watch the last episode yet? Can we start posting?

Wait, wait....
In about an hour, I will. Just got home. Whew!!!

Go ahead and talk... I'm logging out!:D

cheers!!

shane

drewface
04-24-2007, 08:37 PM
i was pretty surprised when hiro met himself in the future! especially since he had talked about how that would be really bad if it happened in a previous episode (i think he did at least). it should be interesting how that turns out.

i'm wondering if the show is going to delve into alternate reality type stuff. that kind of thing is quite common in comic books, so i wouldn't be surprised.

also, for any heroes fans who haven't read the online comics, you should. there's some good back story in the more recent chapters, and some interesting filler bits for the earlier episodes.

curtis
04-24-2007, 08:51 PM
i was pretty surprised when hiro met himself in the future! especially since he had talked about how that would be really bad if it happened in a previous episode (i think he did at least). it should be interesting how that turns out.
I think you are right. Hiro did mention that it would be bad. Wonder what the writers have in store for that.

Peter coming back to life was pretty predictable though. When Sylar lifted all that glass, would you have turned your head if you were invisible?

Speaking of Sylar....if I saw the actor in real life, I might still hit him. :D

shane55
04-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I think you are right. Hiro did mention that it would be bad. Wonder what the writers have in store for that.

Peter coming back to life was pretty predictable though. When Sylar lifted all that glass, would you have turned your head if you were invisible?

Speaking of Sylar....if I saw the actor in real life, I might still hit him. :D

Yeah... of course he'd have to come back to life. How else could he go nuclear?

But still, what do you make of all the 'oldies' having special powers, and what do you think Mom's is?

shane

drewface
04-24-2007, 10:49 PM
yeh, it was pretty obvious peter wasn't gonna be dead. we saw how he died, and we knew that claire had gone through something similar with the root through her neck in one of the early episodes. just took someone finding the glass.

and yeh, i don't understand why peter was just standing there, he could have ducked or moved somewhere else in the room. i was expecting to peter to start moving around and having sylar use the super hearing he stole from that one lady to track him. i really hope those two have a bigger fight scene in a later episode, cause that would be CRAZY.

as for the oldies, i think it's great they have powers. it opens up a huge window of storytelling with the history of the powers and stuff. i could see them making references to ancient myths and how they could have some truth to some of the things people did. i was itching to know what peter/nathan's mom can do though. it seems like whatever it is could be pretty amazing since she's still hiding it.

curtis
04-24-2007, 11:21 PM
i was itching to know what peter/nathan's mom can do though. it seems like whatever it is could be pretty amazing since she's still hiding it.
Maybe she can turn into a 25 year old hottie! :)

shane55
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Maybe she can turn into a 25 year old hottie! :)

Right... like this show needs MORE!? :D

Kingrsl
04-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok, so NOW there are three episodes left. This show is so good you don't realize just how fast an hour goes by! I'll keep the spoilers to myself until everyone (those who recorded it) gets a chance to watch. :D

drewface
04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok, so NOW there are three episodes left. This show is so good you don't realize just how fast an hour goes by! I'll keep the spoilers to myself until everyone (those who recorded it) gets a chance to watch. :DI KNOW! tonight was intense! i've got a question about it though that i'd like some of you guys' opinions on. i've got a theory that seems plausible, but i'm not sure.

guess we're waiting on shane and curtis...

curtis
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
guess we're waiting on shane and curtis...
oooohh.....that was a good one!

Now we are waiting on shane.

shane55
05-01-2007, 08:13 AM
oooohh.....that was a good one!

Now we are waiting on shane.

Thanks so much!
The Tivo has mine for tonight... sorry for being such a laggard.

Tell you what... go ahead and gab. I'll log out and do my best to avoid the temptation of logging back in!! :eek:

shane

drewface
05-01-2007, 09:47 AM
alright, i'm a little confused as to how claire is still alive. if peter never saved her in that future, what happened that caused sylar not being able to get to her?

the whole time warping stuff makes things very tricky. if you read the online comics, future hiro (f.hiro) is just getting back from speaking to peter on the train when he finds hiro in the apartment. this is all well and good, and could mean that now peter had saved claire. however, if that were the case, peter wouldn't have the scar and f.hiro wouldn't still be working on the whole string thing, UNLESS saving claire didn't stop the bomb and he thought she was dead from the bomb or something. again, if claire was saved by peter, peter wouldn't have the scar. the only thing i can think of is they're playing off of alternate timelines, the current being, well, the current, we don't know the whole story there yet, and the future in this episode being the future that happens only if peter never saved claire. obviously she survives somehow though...

this is kinda weird since the present that hiro comes from has claire already saved, which would explain why she's alive in the future, but doesn't explain peter's scar...

anyways... any thoughts?

curtis
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
The Claire thing has me confused too. I thought her step-father had her whereabouts wiped from his memory.

When Nathan turned out to be Sylar....that was a dirty trick. But, I guess, unless Sylar is dead, the writers can do anything they want with him.

We are missing 5 years....so anything is possible.

shane55
05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
My head hurts...
But I'm enjoying the ride without trying to make too much sense out of it. :D

Is it me, or have things turned a bit 'darker' since they came back?

Also... anyone NOT watching this in HD?:eek:

shane

drewface
05-02-2007, 08:24 AM
My head hurts...
But I'm enjoying the ride without trying to make too much sense out of it. :D

Is it me, or have things turned a bit 'darker' since they came back?

Also... anyone NOT watching this in HD?:eek:

shaneunfortunately, i am not watching it in HD :( watching it on an old 27" in my room at school. moving back home soon, though (graduating :D ), and my dad is talking about getting FiOS, so MAYBE i'll be able to get that set up before the season finale. doubt it though... next season, though, i'll be set!

shane55
05-02-2007, 08:33 AM
unfortunately, i am not watching it in HD :( watching it on an old 27" in my room at school. moving back home soon, though (graduating :D ), and my dad is talking about getting FiOS, so MAYBE i'll be able to get that set up before the season finale. doubt it though... next season, though, i'll be set!

(sorry about bringing this thread OT) :o
Well... you'll certainly enjoy whatever HD setup you wind up with.

I have Comcrap, and I just got out of the 'promotional' period and my rates went up $40/mo. I can't wait till FIOS comes to my town!
I'm obviously shoping around for a new provider.

Meanwhile Monday's episode was extremely well-shot. Beautiful focus and detail. It can be a real viewing delight. Claire has some mean eye lashes!!:D

cheers

shane

drewface
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
I have Comcrap, and I just got out of the 'promotional' period and my rates went up $40/mo. I can't wait till FIOS comes to my town!
I'm obviously shoping around for a new provider.do you mean your rates went up to $40, or they increased by $40? if it's the latter, man, that sucks. we have comcrap as well, but only standard cable. we also use them for internet. i don't know what we're paying at the moment, seeing as my 'rents pay the bills at home.

shane55
05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
do you mean your rates went up to $40, or they increased by $40? if it's the latter, man, that sucks. we have comcrap as well, but only standard cable. we also use them for internet. i don't know what we're paying at the moment, seeing as my 'rents pay the bills at home.

You nailed it... it sux. It went UP an additional $40. Now it's REEEEEL expensive to watch Heroes. :(

Must wait until July for the next promotion. Ugh.

shane

Kingrsl
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM
If I remember correctly, Claire was taken to her grandmother's by the Haitian after the bridge. She didn't come back until the grandmother died.

There is an online comic?! I'm just watching it on TV. I do get it in HD though! I'm sure the next couple of weeks will be weird with all of the freak occurences happening in the future....Sylar killing Claire.....F.Hiro getting shot up.....everyone finding out about the timeline.

Kingrsl
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
You nailed it... it sux. It went UP an additional $40. Now it's REEEEEL expensive to watch Heroes. :(

Must wait until July for the next promotion. Ugh.

shane

I know how you feel about the rates. I have Cox Cable but my total bill (albeit combined services) has gone up $50 since October. I think I'm going to give Direct TV a try soon.

shane55
05-02-2007, 08:23 PM
If I remember correctly, Claire was taken to her grandmother's by the Haitian after the bridge. She didn't come back until the grandmother died.

There is an online comic?! I'm just watching it on TV. I do get it in HD though! I'm sure the next couple of weeks will be weird with all of the freak occurences happening in the future....Sylar killing Claire.....F.Hiro getting shot up.....everyone finding out about the timeline.

When did the grandmother die?

Oh no... did I miss an episode?:eek:

shane

Kingrsl
05-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I meant to say her Mom....not Grandma. :o

drewface
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
I meant to say her Mom....not Grandma. :owhew, i thought i missed something, too... SCARY!

and yeh, the online comic is great. it's basically a supplement to the show, with about 5 pages of filler/back story per week (even when the show's not on!) there's a nice story arch about the wireless chic's past (she was barely on the show at all, i'm betting she'll be back)

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/

shane55
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Ok all... don't wait for me to see it tomorrow night. Just go ahead and spoil.

I'll avoid the thread like the plague! :eek:

Talk to you then.

shane

curtis
05-08-2007, 10:02 AM
With Sylar's abilities, it is just too unpredictable. I didn't like that whole part with his Mom.

Do you think his eyebrows are real? That picture of him on the wall as a kid cracked me up.

drewface
05-08-2007, 12:57 PM
With Sylar's abilities, it is just too unpredictable. I didn't like that whole part with his Mom.i think just about everything is too unpredictable at this point, which has me really excited. the part with his mom was very uncomfortable to watch, i agree, but i think it added something to his character. every villain needs some good back story.

the thing i liked about last night's episode is that it wasn't too heavy with suspense, but provided an excellent setup for the final two episodes. i can't wait to see how everything works out.

curtis
05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
OK....when Hiro went to kill Sylar, he stopped time, didn't follow through on his sword stroke to Sylar's neck, and then Sylar was able to move. What power is that? Where did Sylar get that one? Also, he grab the sword, froze it, and broke it. Where did he get that freezing power from?

shane55
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Curtis... I agree about the Mom scene. Too 'OT'. Though it did at least hint at 'why' he's so messed-up.

And, yes, where did he get the 'water into snow' and frozen sword capabilities. Odd indeed.

Otherwise good stuff, especially the revelation that the shape-shifting woman doesn't actually change, it's just what she makes you see... ooooooooh! Nice. I wonder if that's what she really looks like, or if she's just making everyone see that?!

And I still can't wait to see what Peter and Nathan's mom can do.

shane

curtis
05-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Otherwise good stuff, especially the revelation that the shape-shifting woman doesn't actually change, it's just what she makes you see... ooooooooh! Nice. I wonder if that's what she really looks like, or if she's just making everyone see that?!

I'm not too worried...she looks pretty good to me! :D

curtis
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
And I still can't wait to see what Peter and Nathan's mom can do.

Yeah...and I am also wondering who their father is.

drewface
05-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah...and I am also wondering who their father is.linderman? who knows...

anyways, with regards to the whole sylar breaking out of hiro's stop-time, i think what happened is that hiro lost concentration when he was about to kill sylar, because he wasn't ready to do it. if you noticed, sylar's mom started falling again at the same time.

as for the freezing ability, i think we've seen sylar use powers before that weren't explicitly shown where he got them from. i can't think of any concrete examples off the top of my head, but it is more or less implied that he has killed others than those shown on screen.

the shapeshifter i remember either reading about in the online novel or seeing her making other people see stuff, as opposed to just changing shape, but i wasn't positive until this week's episode. i had this theory about the future episode that the guy f.hiro stabbed, thinking it was sylar, was actually someone else who sylar was simply making f.hiro think was him. this is assuming sylar had already taken the girl's power before this...

crazy stuff!

shane55
05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Of course... it's Linderman! Well... I have no idea, but it does make sense.

As for the freeze ability, wasn't he able to 'melt' things early-on? So this might just be the polar ability.

I don't know... and I really don't care much. It's all a damn good watch. I look forward to seeing it as I do with Battlestar G.:D

shane

drewface
05-09-2007, 03:45 PM
As for the freeze ability, wasn't he able to 'melt' things early-on? So this might just be the polar ability.the melting thing seemed to only work with metal, so i think it was more of a liquefying metals sort of power as opposed to melting. i think the polar ability would be claire's mom's human-torch like power.

the polar powers sort of came into play in the future episode when sylar and peter started fighting. if i remember correctly sylar sort of started charging up his freeze ability, prompting peter to pull out the flames (i assume he met claire's mom at some point in those five years...)

drewface
05-14-2007, 08:49 PM
linderman? who knows...DOH! i'm an idiot. i completely forgot that ol' man petrelli was revealed to be an old war buddy of linderman's in the online comic a while back. oh well...

tonight's episode was FANTASTIC! i can't wait till next week. i'm gonna have to record it though cause MXPX is playing a nice little club i haven't been to in ages that night... at least i'll be home so i can watch it on a big tv, and i may even have the ascends hooked up by then (although that might make it worse since i will be recording from standard cable to a vhs...)

Kingrsl
05-15-2007, 04:30 AM
The writers/producers have done an outstanding job with the show! Heroes is one of a few shows that everyone in the house makes plans to watch together. One more episode left! :eek:

curtis
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
With all the chatter about the new speaker, this thread has lost some attention.

Yes...Monday's episode was a great set-up for the last episode. I am starting to wonder how things will unfold for next season.

Kingrsl
05-16-2007, 02:44 PM
I wonder how long before they get it on DVD. I know several people who have been avoiding the show because they started watching in the middle of the season. Shows like this are more enjoyable when you haven't missed most of it.

drewface
05-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I wonder how long before they get it on DVD. I know several people who have been avoiding the show because they started watching in the middle of the season. Shows like this are more enjoyable when you haven't missed most of it.agreed. i didn't start watching until episode 11, but i downloaded all the prior episodes off a campus file sharing network (shh...) and got myself caught up.

Kingrsl
05-22-2007, 03:03 AM
Fantastic series! I'll say it again, the writing on this show is top notch! The season finale had me guessing the whole way. I was kinda bummed by the ending though. Still a great ending, just not the ending I was hoping for. Interesting the way they left things open for next season. :D

drewface
05-22-2007, 09:32 AM
i was surprised there wasn't more suspense in the finale. i thought it was a great episode and a great ending, but it didn't seem as suspenseful as some of the other episodes. can't wait till next season.

curtis
05-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I was a bit disappointed with last night's finale.

Sounded great on the Sierras though. :D