PDA

View Full Version : Omnimount 20.0 - Speaker wire connection?

cpotter638
09-22-2006, 06:38 PM
I have placed an order for an Ascend 5.1 speaker setup. I'm going to be using the HTM-200's for surrounds which weigh 8 lbs. I was planning on using the Omnimount 20.0 wall mount. How do you get the speaker wire to the speaker? As far as I can tell, there is no way to conceal the speaker wire with the Omnimount 20.0.

Do I pull the speaker wire near the mount and put in a speaker wall plate? If I do this, will there be enough room to make the connection to the speaker? I think I saw somewhere that there is approximately 4 inches of clearance between the wall and speaker back if using the Omnimount 20.0.

Are there alternatives to the Omnimount 20.0 that would allow for speaker wire concealment? Thanks in advance for the help.

Chad

BGHD
09-26-2006, 08:26 PM
There's no way to hide wire with the Omnimounts. Rather than a larger plate, I just used a white RG6 cable bushing (see 2nd item in link below), which only required a hole <1cm in diameter in the drywall. My Home Depot 14g in-wall wire fit perfectly through the hole. I did my best to keep the hole close to the mount and had the "arm" of the mount somewhat conceal the protruding wire, at least from certain angles.

https://www.computercablestore.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=786