[he_who_dares_wins] - sas

curtis
12-31-2003, 03:20 AM
OK....I will put it on the list.

Remember...I have a dog and kids.

-curtis

Ben_Wood
12-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Another vote for the Hoover V2, we have one and it sucks! [:D] (sorry i couldn't resist!) Anyhow we like it better than our old Rainbow, and its reasonably priced at Wally World.

frank
01-02-2004, 12:10 AM
hey curtis try going to you local costco store they have about 10 different types for vacuums to chose from and the return policy is really good

curtis
01-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Frank....I think that is what I am going to do.

-curtis

Derek
02-12-2004, 01:34 AM
Curtis,

If you have mostly hardwood and/or tile floors like I do, then I highly recommmend a backpack type vac (like the ones you see janitors using). It doesn't work on plush carpet, though.

I have this model:

http://www.pro-team.com/product_detail.asp?ProdBaseNum=100182&VacStyleID=1

It is very well built because it is really a commercial vac.

Derek

curtis
02-12-2004, 01:41 AM
thanks Derek! But right now I do not have much uncarpeted floor.

I also just saw the prices!

-curtis

Derek
02-12-2004, 01:47 AM
Yeah, but those are retail prices. I did some searching online and found mine for a little over $300. If you buy a decent vac from sears, you are probably in the $300 range anyway, and I think that is is a much better built vacuum.

But, it you have a lot of carpet, then this type of vac doesn't work very well.

Derek

Bighitter
02-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Thank god we are getting a central vac in the new house.

curtis
06-10-2004, 06:55 AM
an update....

I just spent 40 minutes at Costco agonizing over which vacuum cleaner to get.

During that time, I had nice chats with other Costco shoppers looking for a vacuum.

I ended up buying the most expensive one, the Dyson. It has been getting RAVE reviews on the net(we all know the caveat to that [:D]), and with Costco's grat return policy, I figured I would give it a shot.

-curtis

Ed_A
06-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Curtis,
once you've had a chance to use it let us know how you like it...
I'm pretty tired of my old Sears Kenmoore one...and I've seen the commercials for the Dyson, and product reviews online look good. Looks like it works well.

Ed

frank
06-10-2004, 01:20 PM
yes costco does have a good return policy I bought a vacuum at a local dealer in my area it was a demo I think I paid about $250.00 it's all metal heavy duty type and no plastic parts! the dealer threw in about 10 bags & 3 years warrenty at no extra cost

curtis
06-10-2004, 03:06 PM
wait a second frank....

You were the one that told me to go to Costco, and you didn't buy one there? [:)]

-curtis

curtis
06-10-2004, 03:11 PM
Ed,

I vacuumed once with my two year old Sear Kenmore, and then vacuumed with the Dyson over the same area. I was pretty impressed with what the Dyson picked up. I know the older vacuum would have picked up more if I used it again as well...but the Dyson picked up a lot.

Just like speakers, I am debating heading to Costco to picked up the less expensive Hoover or Eureka I was looking at to compare. It was $150 cheaper, but required bags. The Dyson is bagless and has lifetime filters.

-curtis

Ed_A
06-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Curtis,
if that's what happened with your two year old Kenmore...my 7 year old one must be leaving everything behind...at this point it's just a rake. [:)] Although it does pick up the granuals, who knows what's left.

I can totally understand with the comparison...

curtis
06-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Actually, I believe my Kenmore is a rebadged Panasonic, and actually got very good ratings.

-curtis

frank
06-12-2004, 12:38 PM
that's right curtis I said to go to costco and look for one I just wanted to buy one that was not made of plastic but i do stand behind all the products we sale!