PDA

View Full Version : Need some sub help for my HT

CaptDS9E
09-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

First time posting. Id first like to say thanks for all the great posts on the forum. Ive learned a bunch so far. I am planning to buy a Ascend system in the next few weeks. Going with

CMT-340 Mains
CMT-340 Center
CBM-170 Surrounds

I also want to get a subwoofer, which is my question. Its between the HSU and a SVS, but im leaning toward the HSU as ive read good things, and also helps to get everything at once.

My HT is in our basement. The room is 10 feet across width, 30 Feet in Length (Perfectly Rectangular). The HT settup is 10x15.5 which is essentially half the room. No doors on the HT side, only one door on the opposite end at the far back corner. ive been thinking of getting the VTF-2 sub. Is that a big enough, too big, etc.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your Time
Joey

BGHD
09-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Even if your HT only takes 1/2 the room, for the sub you probably would have to buy one to fill the whole 3000 cu ft room. VTF2 might be too small. STF3 or VTF3 or comparable one from SVS should do the trick.

DMD123
09-20-2006, 10:19 AM
I have the HSU VTF3 in an 11' x 17' room. It is in a near field placement right behind the sofa. It is only turned up 1/8 of the way for music use and just a little more for movies. It is more than enough for my small area!

The first thing I did before my sub purchase was to email my room set up to HSU and got a reply from DR. HSU himself within a short period of time. His suggestions for my room were dead on. The sub intergrates with the rest of the system and is one awesome piece of equipment. I vote for the VTF3 but give a email to HSU and see what they say.

nickstl77
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I have the same setup and went with the SVS PB-10NSD sub in my HT. Room is about 19x17 and it is more than enough. Amazing sound for both HT and music.