PDA

View Full Version : 340's MidBass

curtis
12-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Hmmm....the last 90hz setting should be 80hz I believe.

How does it sound to you when set to large? My drivers show a lot of movement, and have pretty good mid-bass/bass. Do you have the metal jumpers(gold plated metal straps) connected on speaker terminals? Tone controls flat? How do they sound compared to the 170's?

-curtis

UnholyB0B
12-26-2003, 11:23 AM
I am using the gold jumpers that came with the 340's but I don't have banana connectors yet. Currently I have the speaker wire connected to the binding post of the lows w/ jumpers going to the highs. As far as tone controls are you talking about bass and treble? If so they are set to flat.

Unfortunately I'm at work right now.. Will get back to you asap on switching w/ 170's.

edit..

Will also try 80hz and large..

If this doesn't work I'm going to find someone near me with a 525. Got this one from Onecall (referb)

curtis
12-26-2003, 11:57 AM
I guess I should also ask when you say "My problem is the 340's aren't putting out much mid bass", what are you comparing them to?

-curtis

UnholyB0B
12-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Curtis,
Thanks for all your reply's. This is my first step into home audio. To be honest with you I have nothing to compare. It's just that without the sub running I have almost no definition to music (CD.) The highs are working just fine and can tell sound is coming from the 6.5's. The only way to explain is by saying that it has no depth in the mid-range. Leaning towards a problem with my settings or the 525 more then the speakers.

curtis
12-26-2003, 03:01 PM
Also give Ascend a call.

-curtis

UnholyB0B
01-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Just an update.. I hooked the 340's up to an old Sony HTIB receiver w/ $20 apex dvd player and they sounded great. So the problem’s with the 525.

Now I must battle with Onecall or H/K for a replacement =(

curtis
01-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Bob...did you ever get a replacement?

-curtis

davef
01-14-2004, 03:58 AM
Unholy Bob,

Your original description of the problem sounds like you might have the front left and right speakers connected out of phase. Make sure the positive outputs of your receiver are going to the positive inputs on the speaker, and negative to negative. If one speaker has the phase reversed, you will lose the majority of the bass and midbass....

Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
www.ascendacoustics.com