PDA

View Full Version : Wallmount 170SE's w/Omnimount 20

stumacdo
07-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi all,

I thought I saw this discussed in an older post, but for the life of me I can't find the thread. I just received yesterday my new 170 SE's that I'm going to rear mount for surround music / HT. I pre-purchased the recommended Omnimount 20's to mount these. When I look at the thread screws on the back of the 170's, there's 2 screws that are spaced apart quite further than the size of the Omnimount bracket. Not to sound like a dumb-@ss, but should I be mounting 1 Omnimount per screw (i.e. 2 mounts per speaker) ?

chas
07-21-2006, 08:33 AM
The picture on the page linked below has a nice shot of what it should look like.

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/access/brackets/omni_series20.html

Is yours not lining up as pictured?

stumacdo
07-21-2006, 10:55 AM
I have to admit that I only played with them briefly last night. But, when I use the Omnimount bracket, the 2 holes on the bracket don't seem to line up at all with the threaded inserts on the back of the 170SE. Maybe in the Omnimount packaging there's a different bracket - I'll have to take a look and see.

BGHD
07-23-2006, 09:14 PM
You shouldn't be using the pre-drilled holes on the bracket, which are wider than the speakers threads. As the picture shows, you should be using the adjustable middle cutout on the bracket instead.