PDA

View Full Version : What about Ascend owner locations?

BradJudy
08-18-2003, 08:17 AM
It might be nice to add this type of information to user profiles. Location is already there, but maybe a 'Willing to audition' checkbox and 'system components' text box could be added. A 'member gallery' photo section might be nice too.

curtis
08-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Smokey and I plan on talking tomorrow to discuss stuff. He is the whiz behind all of this. If he hasn't read about this by then, I will bring it up.

The issue of the gallery may come down to how much space there is on the server. Brad, I would love for people to see your handy work!

-curtis

BradJudy
08-18-2003, 01:52 PM
Curtis: If storage space is the issue, can you have a gallery that simply links to off-site images? Then people could host their own or fellow forum members could host for each other.

curtis
08-18-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm pretty sure we can do to the offsite thing. I will ask Smokey.

-curtis

curtis
08-21-2003, 02:02 AM
I started an audition sticky.

-curtis

Cliff_L
08-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Hey Curtis...

Thanks for doing that. I think that will help ppl who may be on the fence about buying Ascend speakers. Too bad there's no one near me at the moment. Although I talked a co-worker into buying a pair of 170s. So I'll listen to his before I spring for them.

JohnnyCasaba
08-23-2003, 04:02 AM
LOL, that is to funny Cliff_L.

delling001
08-31-2003, 12:34 PM
Curtis,

Don't know if you remember me, but you helped me about a month ago with a few questions re: Ascend speakers on AVSforum. OK, I am "tentatively" planning to drive down to So. Cal early the week of 9/15 if I don't get my vacation cancelled on me (super busy at work these days)..?? I would like to plan on visiting Hsu Research to listen to their subs and I "believe" you said they have some (or all maybe) of the Ascend line-up set-up with their subs..?? I would like to listen to them as well as the soon to be released Hsu Ventriloquist system too. So... Does Hsu Research have the Ascends set-up for listening and do I need to make an appt. prior to showing up? Dave at Ascend said they don't have a showroom for listening, so I thought Hsu's place would be good..? By the way Dave F. had nothing but GREAT things to say about you! Lastly... "if" I like the Ascends @ Hsu Research I was wondering if "you" might be able to audition your set-up for me for a short time, assuming you could arrange the time? Anyway, if it doesn't work out for you that week I understand completely, and just point me in the right direction so I can find out for myself what all the great fuss is about with Ascends? Dave F. also said there are a few local shops that demo the Ascends where I could listen. I just like the idea of hearing them in a home atmosphere if possible and I'd like to meet the infamous (I mean famous) Curtis if it works out...??

Thanks! Dave.

curtis
08-31-2003, 01:19 PM
Hi Dave,

Good to hear from you. I don't think Hsu has Ascends right now to demo. The last time I was there, all I saw was the Ventriloquist setup. You may want to call them and find out if they have any more CBM-170s.

You can always stop by my place. Where will you be staying? Tuesday evening and Wednesday evening are best for me that week. You are about 2 hours from the bay area, right? If you had the time, and felt like driving....because I know that is a long drive, there are couple of guys in the bay area willing to demo as well.

I should ask Dave F. which shops have Ascends.

Just let me know you plans.

-curtis

delling001
08-31-2003, 11:47 PM
Curtis,

I'll be staying in Chino Hills while I'm down there (family), so the long drive is good anyway. Besides I kind of wanted to stop by Hsu Research anyway.. I was thinking Tuesday evening (16th?) might work out best for me too..?? I will send you an e-mail as the day approaches closer. Whatever you do don't cancel or refrain from making any plans you (or wife/kids) may want/need to make. Right now it's a little iffy about the vacation, but I'm planning as if it's going to happen. Thanks again for your helpful responses Curtis. Will talk soon!

Dave.

curtis
09-01-2003, 03:09 AM
No problems Dave. Just let me know.

-curtis