PDA

View Full Version : Speaker wire

rtthinker
05-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Whats the scoop on flat speaker wire? It sure looks like it would make running wire a lot easier.
Bob

buzzy
04-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes, but it costs a lot more, and the truly flat wire is a little bit hard to terminate.

JohnMichael
04-23-2007, 09:30 AM
I use AlphaCore MI1 speaker cable which is a flat ribbon speaker cable. Solid core, minimal dielectric and 13 guage. They are available online. I have a closet full of other cable brands and the MI1 bests them all. My CBM 170 SE's sound best with those cables.

Joneswilliamsc
04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Well i according to me most of speakers don't include speaker wire, and to choos them from the available makes us confuse. The wire you use can have a noticeable impact on the sound quality of your system. My best option is to solder an rca plug on the end of a length of speaker wire.

indulger
04-22-2010, 01:11 AM
snicker snicker...sounds best. I don't know about flat wires, but i needed white cable to run for my heights. Couldn't get to the mounting position from the attic so I had to run it along the ceiling/wall trim. I found 16 gauge electrical cord worked awesome. As far as sound, it sounds the same as my 16 gauge speaker wire i used for the rest of my system.:D