PDA

View Full Version : Recievers

rtthinker
05-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Hello again
I am just about finished with my new system, and need a little more help. You guys have been great with the help you have already provided. I thank you for that.
I will be using the 340's across the front, 170's for the surround and a VTF-3 Mk2 sub. I have a Sony 34XBR960 HDTV (CRT). I am now looking at the H/K AVR 635 reciever. Will this be a good match or does anyone have a suggestion for a better reciever for my system. I will be using it for movies more than music. I am willing to spend up 1K for the reciecve.
Thanks again.
Rtthinker

bikeman
05-28-2006, 12:43 PM
The 635 is an excellent receiver. You can get countless other recommendations and they'd all be valid for the person doing the recommendation. There is no universal right answer to your question. Get the receiver (or amp/pre-amp) that has the features you want and don't sweat the decesion. There's not much that isn't good in your price range.

David

rtthinker
05-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks Dave
I spent a lot of time checking the forum and your statement is 100%. When I ordered my speakers they told me that the reviever would be ok, but I spent so much money on the rest of my HT system that I guess that I wanted to be reassured. Thanks again. You guys are great.
Bob