PDA

View Full Version : Impressions of AV123/Onix

JackT
05-22-2006, 04:18 PM
I just wanted to know what other forum members' impressions were of AV123. After being exposed to the Ascend community, the AV123 community seems.... a little odd (I guess is the best way to put it.) I definitely don't mean any disrespect to them, but does anyone else think it's a little wierd over there? The forums are full of all these odd "announcements" for all these fantastic products they're gonna sell, meanwhile they don't even have the products they supposedly already have. It just seems a little wierd to me.

davef
05-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi JackT,

Mark Schifter (owner AV123) is perhaps the busiest man alive. I am in awe of just how many new products and various other projects they announce in the course of a year.

Mark likes to announce things far in advance of release dates, I simply do things differently.

Is it weird? I don't think so... just different.. One thing is for sure, their continuous stream of announcements keeps web traffic and forum activity high -- which is always good for business.

I wouldn't let that aspect of their forum turn you off... I know Mark, if he says he is going to release something -- he most definitely will...

BradJudy
05-22-2006, 08:00 PM
While there are some interesting characters over there :D as Dave said, the announcements and product stuff are just another way of doing business. Mark loves to have a million irons in the fire and have new things going all of the time. He's an idea guy with tons of ideas - sometimes it takes a while for them to happen, but he has a lot of energy.

Different strokes for different folks, every approach has merits and compromises.

rysa4
06-21-2006, 09:37 PM
To the point, one has to be careful selecting products from their wide range of offerings. No company makes equally good products when making many things. A cult-like atmosphere that is the result of Harvard-Business school studied marketing means there is a risk of folks buying on hype, rather than making a solid choice. Some av123.com products are outstanding best in class, some are mediocre, and some are simply awful. Its up to the buyer to sort it all out IMHO.

Like I said, no company, and certainly no one person, can make the best elctronics, the best speakers, the best subs and the best everything else--so if a buyer is truely looking for his or her best for the money product, its important to look around and avoid weak lionks in creating a sound system.

Mag_Neato
06-22-2006, 09:35 AM
To the point, one has to be careful selecting products from their wide range of offerings. No company makes equally good products when making many things. A cult-like atmosphere that is the result of Harvard-Business school studied marketing means there is a risk of folks buying on hype, rather than making a solid choice. Some av123.com products are outstanding best in class, some are mediocre, and some are simply awful. Its up to the buyer to sort it all out IMHO.

Like I said, no company, and certainly no one person, can make the best elctronics, the best speakers, the best subs and the best everything else--so if a buyer is truely looking for his or her best for the money product, its important to look around and avoid weak lionks in creating a sound system.

You forgot about the one company that can do it all......B*se! :eek:

bikeman
06-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Blose legal and accounting departments are second to none. See, it's easy to trump the competition in a number of areas. :rolleyes:

David

azanon
07-10-2006, 08:22 AM
Blose legal and accounting departments are second to none. See, it's easy to trump the competition in a number of areas.

Did you mean their marketing dept?