PDA

View Full Version : Hello Boys!

Nicholas Mosher
02-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Figured I'd stop in to say hi!

I see that we have new signature edition speakers... :)
Very very tempting... :D

curtis
02-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey Nick....what have you been up to? Give us an update.

bikeman
02-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome back. How's that pilot's license coming?

David

Quinn
02-27-2006, 09:25 AM
Wow, you really did disappear. The SEs were announced at Thanksgiving time. I thought you were going to over take me for second most posts but bikeman David has.

Nicholas Mosher
02-27-2006, 10:27 AM
Boy am I tempted to order a pair of the SEs to compare with my originals (is that what you would call them?).

I finally got my pilot's license too.
Still practicing my acoustic. Working on Pearl Jam's "Black" ala Staind.
Singing while playing definetly takes some pattn' the stomach and hopping on one leg.

How about you guys? New toys or family?

Crap, off to bed. I've got the flu and have to be to work in 9hrs. I'll check back in tomorrow.

Have fun!

Nicholas Mosher
03-01-2006, 06:12 AM
Nothing new huh? :D :p
-----
Is that new Hsu sub out yet? I have to go check...

chas
03-01-2006, 06:37 AM
Hey Nick,
Will you be moving up to an Outlaw 970 or 990?

Nicholas Mosher
03-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Nah. The 950 has everything I need. 5.1 DD/DTS, crystal clear analog bypass for SACD/DVD-A/2ch, and a simple layout with a great remote.

The only video source I have is my DVD player, so I just run a straight HDMI cable right to my projector (so I have no need for DVI/HDMI switching).

I'm pretty much satisfied with my setup until HD-DVD/Blu-Ray goes mainstream.

chas
03-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Glad you're satisfied with the Outlaw. Let me ask you this - if you could get a new Denon 3806 or the Outlaw 1070 receiver for the same price...which would you choose?

Nicholas Mosher
03-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I had a really bad experience with Marantz-Denon when my 2900 Universal Player went on the fritz. Over 30 phone calls without a single call back. The retailer I purchased from finally agreed to exchange the 2900 for a second hand 2910 (a bit down the foodchain from the 2900) after I posted my experience all over the web. Their stuff works good when it works, but I won't be purchasing any more products from them.

Outlaw on the other hand also sells fantastic stuff but backs it completely. Easy to get ahold of someone by phone or eMail and they actually know what they're talking about. I have the 950 and all my cables except the HDMI are from them as well. Great stuff.

I would go with the Outlaw, as that is who I recommend to friends and family along with Ascend Speakers, SVS subs, and Carada PJ screens. All of 'em are Internet companies too... imagine that... :D

In fact if I did it all over again I would probably get an Outlaw amp as well instead of the Rotel (which is certainly no slouch by any means). Outlaw has great package prices for pre/pros and amps.

chas
03-01-2006, 02:46 PM
I remember your 2900 problems. I also have Ascend speakers, SVS sub (and an Oppo DVD player) so I am certainly a fan of internet-direct.

Thanks for the input....and good to see you back at the Ascend forum. Now we need you to pick-up those SE's and give us a detailed comparison with your classics. ;)