PDA

View Full Version : The "Scoop" on Ascend

Highlife
01-31-2006, 10:53 AM
The "About US" page states:

"Ascend Acoustics Incorporated, is a California Corporation consisting of an experienced team of engineers, musicians and sales professionals."

Who is this "Team of engineers, musicians and sales professionals"? I have only heard mention of 2 people at Ascend, David and James. Of course there are folks assembling the speakers themselves, but does anyone know who the other supposed players are at Ascend? I am curious not only about the people, but their past careers and what makes them "experienced" when it comes to designing, testing and building speakers. Just curious.

-B

davef
01-31-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi Highlife,

Happy to provide you with as much info as I am willing to publicly share...

Who is this "Team of engineers, musicians and sales professionals"?

Up front.. there is James and I, with James handling a variety of the daily tasks etc.

Behind the scenes:

Engineering consists of me and two highly experienced engineers I consider as part of my team. These are special project engineers with vast experience whose services I use frequently for various design and engineering purposes.

Special projects, including various corporate, financial, development and limited marketing is handled by my brother Jason (who I believe some of you have emailed or spoken with on occasion)

Additional financial/investment/corporate items are handled by a silent shareholder.

Daily production is handled by factory workers.

Bookkeeping chores are expertly ;) handled by my wife, Dina.

Other frequently sub-contracted workers include a web programmer (we have gone through quite a few of these :mad: ) and a new photographer (who I pray does a good job this time).. Hey Dylan... if you are reading this, still patiently waiting ;)

I am curious not only about the people, but their past careers and what makes them "experienced" when it comes to designing, testing and building speakers.

My experience with designing loudspeakers is pretty well-known... I have been in this industry over 21 years now, of which 17 of those years have been dedicated to designing various loudspeakers for both consumer and professional use.

The special project engineers I contract with have equal experience.

James is an accomplished musician and comes from the professional side of Audio/Visual service companies (media-room design and installation in major hotels, audio system design and setup for night-clubs) etc. He also has sales and management experience.

Jason has a Master's Degree in business and is also an accomplished musician (his band, although no longer together, has played some major gigs in front of tens of thousands of people). He also has quite a bit of mixing/mastering/recording experience.

Hope this satisfies some of your curiosity.

Highlife
02-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Thank you for the reply David. That is very interesting to know. I am always intrigued by small companies, especially successful ones :p

-B

Jonnyozero3
03-26-2006, 12:01 AM
Wow, neat little tidbit of information to read. Thanks for sharing with us, Dave :)