PDA

View Full Version : What happened to cheaphometheater.com?

curtis
08-18-2003, 02:04 AM
From what I understand, some of their comparison and testing methods were suspect and criticized, that probably caused traffic to website to slow down.

-curtis

subfree
08-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Hey Guys,

Its a shame that the cheaphometheater forum fell off, this site was also my first exposure to Ascends product line. After that initial exposure approximately 2 years ago, and some internet investigation, I purchased a 5.1 system/hsu-2 sub and have been extremely satisfied.Upgraded from htm-200 center to CMT-340 center and my front sound stage is fantastic. Good Stuff.

Ben_Wood
08-23-2003, 12:47 AM
From what I've read on the site, Joel White (the editor of cheaphometheater.com) was busy writing a book and after it was completed the site should take off again. Well, the book was finished but the site never recovered. I was the last to post to the forum (about Ascends of course!). There hasn't been a review added in over 6 months. Sad, because I found the Ascend review to be right on the money. In fact, I bought my Onkyo TX-DS595 receiver and Hsu VTF-2 sub based on reviews I read there. Hopefully some of the folks who used to post there will find the Ascend Forum!

Ben_Wood
02-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Curtis, I saw where you recently posted a link at cheaphometheater.com to our forum. Good idea, maybe someone interested in Ascend will find find this site because of it. I don't understand why a site that seems to be all but dead like CHT continues to hang around for an extended amount of time. I still check them out periodically, but find that the amount of traffic the site experiences is almost nil.

curtis
02-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Thanks Ben...I thought it was a good place for a shameless plug.

There has not been a new review on that for anything site for 2 years. But that is one of the first places I learned about Ascend. In fact, if I remember correctly, it was there where I read a post from you.

-curtis