PDA

View Full Version : pandora.com

bikeman
01-22-2006, 03:08 PM
One of the regulars on another discussion board just posted this. I'll be using it extensively over the next few days and report back. Any feedback from ya'all?

http://www.pandora.com/

David

curtis
01-22-2006, 03:39 PM
I just checked it out after reading your post.

So far.....I am impressed. I wish there was a way I could stream it to my Squeezebox.

curtis
01-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Geez....I really like this after about 10 more minutes and three songs or so....I can see my CD collection rising because of this!

Now I really wish there was a way to stream this to my Squeezebox!

This is almost a reason to hook up a computer to my audio system.....

curtis
01-22-2006, 05:36 PM
OK.....I am going to hook up the laptop to the pre/pro later to see how this sounds.

bikeman
01-22-2006, 06:14 PM
OK.....I am going to hook up the laptop to the pre/pro later to see how this sounds.
I find it acceptable. It's not the best it could be but I don't need it to be. Let us know what ya think.

David

curtis
01-22-2006, 07:25 PM
OK...tried it out. Very acceptable for what I want it for.....love to be able to sample music that suits my tastes.

This is much better than radio.

curtis
01-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I just got an email back from the folks from Pandora......Squeezbox support is on the horizon!!! In fact, demo'd at CES!!!! Sweet!!!!

BradJudy
01-23-2006, 11:48 AM
This is a cool site that I tried when it was posted on fark.com a while ago. IIRC, it only streams for so long before stopping (I don't know how long, but less than a work day) and it only allows you to skip so many songs (found this out after trying to use it as a quick way to scan for new music - only let me skip something like 10 times).

I have found some interesting bands I hadn't heard of before - it seems to be excellent for that.

curtis
01-23-2006, 11:57 AM
I have not reached the stream time limit yet...but only listened for a couple of hours. You are only allowed to skip "X" number of songs an hour....but it seems you can get around that limitation if you just click the "I don't like this song" in the menu.

Maybe the stream limitation is lifted if you register.

curtis
01-25-2006, 11:15 AM
no meetings today, so I brought my headphones to work just to listen to Pandora.

curtis
03-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Pandora now works with the Squeezebox!!!!

Dear Slim Devices Customer,

We're excited to announce that we've added support for Pandora, an amazing music service, to SqueezeNetwork for Squeezebox2 and Squeezebox v3 owners.

Pandora is a music discovery service that lets you create custom stations based on your favorite songs or artists. If you haven't experienced Pandora, I recommend that you visit <http://www.pandora.com> and try it out on your computer.

The first time I used Pandora on my Squeezebox, I was glued to my listening chair the entire weekend. Since Pandora is part of SqueezeNetwork, you can even listen to it without your computer being on.

To try it out with your Squeezebox, log on to <http://www.squeezenetwork.com/> and sign up for a trial Pandora account by clicking on the Pandora link on the top-right of the page. Then use your remote to connect your Squeezebox to SqueezeNetwork and browse into Pandora Radio.

I have more good news. Squeezebox v3 and Squeezebox2 owners can listen FREE to Pandora for 90-days. US-based customers can continue their Pandora service for only $36 per year.

This is truly a "killer app".

Cheers,

Patrick Cosson

Listening to it now! Excellent!

Nicholas Mosher
03-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Very cool, I've been using it for the past couple hours!

curtis
05-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Just bringing up this thread because Pandora is now supported on my Sonos!! I am so happy!

metalaaron
05-24-2007, 07:50 AM
does this mean your squeezebox is for sale? ;)

curtis
05-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Sold that a long time ago....I have had the Sonos for about 9-10 months now.

metalaaron
05-24-2007, 08:40 AM
a black sonos would be :cool:

curtis
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
That would probably be my only complaint...the color of the Sonos.

Fell asleep last night on the couch listening to the Sonos and Sierras.....slept well too, and then woke up with the Sonos alarm feature to Pandora. :D